FitnessBanter.com

-   Running (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Caffeine anyone? (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=70132)

rms[_3_] February 9th 18 03:26 AM

Caffeine anyone?

I was wondering if anyone knew of research of caffeine effects on running
performance. Maybe we could get a little group experiment together?

Look at Matt Fitzgerald's book _The New Rules of Marathon & HM
Nutrition_, in the pre-race section he discusses caffeine and acetaminaphen
& beet juice (recommending all of them), with studies listed.

rms

rms[_3_] March 9th 18 02:05 PM

Caffeine anyone?

So I think the test can be fairly simple: runs with and without
coffee/caffeine drinks.

Fitzgerald's book mentions it takes a 'drying-out' period of a week for
caffeine to once again have an ergogenic effect, keep that in mind!

rms