FitnessBanter.com

-   Walking in the UK (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Centurion Way (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=69973)

Gordon H[_4_] June 1st 16 05:55 PM

The Centurion Way

Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)

On 01/06/2016 14:34, wrote:
Hi Bob (if you get this) I really fancy trying the Yorkshire Dales Twothousands, do you know if any information exists on it as a route anywhere?

Many Thanks

Regards

Jono

On Friday, January 3, 2003 at 11:59:18 AM UTC, bob watkinson wrote:
Did this walk a couple of times during the eighties. An absolute cracker! I
didn't have a guide book but used th two page outline of the route in "Long
Distance Walks - The Yorkshire Dales" published by Dalesman. This may also
be out of date but I can photocopy what I have if you want.
You could also try Penyghent Cafe. They run a badge and certification
service for the walk and may have info too.
Incidentely. I also did the Yorkshire Dales Twothousands walk which to my
mind is better than the centurian. It's longer 115mls against 100mls, has
more climbing 19,368 against 16000. Great way to tick off the twenty six
2000ft Yorkshire peaks.

Best regards, Bob

--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply

Graham Seed[_2_] June 1st 16 07:38 PM

The Centurion Way

On 01/06/2016 4:55 PM, Gordon H wrote:
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)

Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
- brought memories back! Think I'll start it up again :-)

Graham

Gordon H[_4_] June 2nd 16 01:27 PM

The Centurion Way

On 01/06/2016 18:38, Graham Seed wrote:
On 01/06/2016 4:55 PM, Gordon H wrote:
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)

Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
- brought memories back! Think I'll start it up again :-)

Graham

I remember those years, restricted paths in the Yorkshire Dales...

20 plus years ago I took my wife for a drive from East Mancs up to the
Snake pass, but it started raining, then it turned to snow, then it
became a white-out and I decided that we would not pass the summit, and
pulled over to stare into the white void. A Park Warden landrover was
parked a few yards away, and he fought through the blizzard and
anxiously warned us against walking over the moors due the incidence of
Foot & Mouth.
I reassured him that we had no such intention.

;-)

--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply

Graham Seed[_2_] June 4th 16 10:23 AM

The Centurion Way

On 02/06/2016 12:27 PM, Gordon H wrote:
[...]

Lol! You wonder if they had a Ranger on every possible access point.
Hope he had a flask of coffee...