FitnessBanter.com

-   Weights (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Increase body mass and muscle (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20480)

Ehsan Ardabili Maleki August 23rd 04 04:16 AM

Increase body mass and muscle

I've been working out seriously for over a year now and I have gotten to be very cut (all the muscles show) but my body size
is not too big. I don't want to become too big but i would not mind gaining 10 or 15 pounds to become 150 lb. or so. What
types of things could i do to achieve this?

--
Ehsan "Ethan" Maleki
[email protected]

Wayne S. Hill August 23rd 04 04:34 AM

Ehsan Ardabili Maleki wrote:

I've been working out seriously for over a year now and I
have gotten to be very cut (all the muscles show) but my
body size is not too big. I don't want to become too big but
i would not mind gaining 10 or 15 pounds to become 150 lb.
or so. What types of things could i do to achieve this?

Eat more (making sure you get enough protein).
Continue lifting heavy weights.

--
-Wayne

August 23rd 04 07:42 AM

Also, you might want to try a different routine. After a while your body may
get used to a routine and you might not experience that much gain from it.
Also, find someone in the gym that is big and ask him what his secret is.

--
"Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of
misery."

Big Bill August 23rd 04 09:37 AM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:16:54 +0000 (UTC), Ehsan Ardabili Maleki
wrote:

I've been working out seriously for over a year now and I have gotten to be very cut (all the muscles show) but my body size
is not too big. I don't want to become too big but i would not mind gaining 10 or 15 pounds to become 150 lb. or so. What
types of things could i do to achieve this?

Do heavy weights for six or eight reps, eat a whole lot more than you
normally do, forget all about being cut, sleep more than you usually
do, then go through your cutting routines again, and if you've done
this all correct then you may well be cut and heavier.

BB

thegame August 23rd 04 10:30 AM

wrote:

I've been working out seriously for over a year now and I have gotten to be very cut (all the muscles show) but my body size
is not too big. I don't want to become too big but i would not mind gaining 10 or 15 pounds to become 150 lb. or so. What
types of things could i do to achieve this?

do a winter training...chicken..rice...wendys...etc..just go slow at
first and keep track at how much fat you gain..just take it
slow..."fall and winter ...getting big" "spring burning away most of
the fat keeping the muscle"

Wayne S. Hill August 23rd 04 02:35 PM

wrote:

Also, you might want to try a different routine. After a
while your body may get used to a routine and you might not
experience that much gain from it. Also, find someone in the
gym that is big and ask him what his secret is.

Nah. The whole "change your routine" thing is nonsense. If
he's skinny, he needs to eat more. A big guy is as likely to
give you bad advice as anyone else: half of them are big in
spite of their routines.

--
-Wayne