FitnessBanter.com

-   Swimming (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Not so unusual WR for Lenton (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=57231)

DavidW March 27th 08 10:53 AM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

Libby Trickett (formerly Lenton) murders Britta Steffen's 100m freestyle WR
53.30s with 52.88s in the Aus. Olympic trials final.

No drafting here. They can't take this one off her.

Dave -Turner March 27th 08 02:31 PM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

Libby's smile is as infectious as it is priceless

Steve Curtis March 27th 08 06:09 PM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

"DavidW" wrote:

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on
like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

That thread was well finished after your baseless assertion that
drafting was "not well understood."

DavidW March 28th 08 12:49 AM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

Steve Curtis wrote:
"DavidW" wrote:

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on
like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

That thread was well finished after your baseless assertion that
drafting was "not well understood."

That was not what I said, and only a quick perusal of the the thread is needed
to see that it was nowhere near "well finished" after my initial post on
drafting. This is an example of the dumbness I've had to deal with in that
thread.

Steve Curtis March 28th 08 02:09 AM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

Don't worry. This thread won't drag on
like the last (unfinished) Lenton WR
thread.

That thread was well finished after your
baseless assertion that drafting was
"not well understood."

That was not what I said, and only a
quick perusal of the the thread is needed
to see that it was nowhere near "well
finished" after my initial post on drafting.

That's exactly what you said, to quote: "It's probably not well
understood how much assistance Lenton....." replete with the ambiguity
that goes along with that statement. The "assistance" that you referred
to was pointed out to be drafting, which has been researched, studied,
and is reasonably well understood by coaches, most competitive swimmers,
triathletes, and others, albeit not with complete certainty.

This is an example of the dumbness I've
had to deal with in that thread.

Not nearly as dumb as this from another thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...d?dmode=source

Learn to read, and more importantly, comprehend.

DavidW March 28th 08 02:15 AM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

Steve Curtis wrote:
"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

[...]

Save it for the other thread. You're not ruining this one too. This record will
be in the books soon.

Steve Curtis March 28th 08 02:55 AM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

[...]

Never implied that Lenton's WR this time around isn't for the books, at
least until Beijing, at which time, a possible new entry will be
achieved by someone else.

DavidW March 28th 08 04:38 AM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

Steve Curtis wrote:
"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

"DavidW" wrote:

[...]

No, but the swim deserves the focus to be on it rather than other stuff.

at least until Beijing, at which time, a possible new entry will be
achieved by someone else.

Maybe, but she sliced a lot off it, and she was already a past holder of it and
at this stage looks the most likely one to break it if anyone does.

Steve Curtis March 28th 08 05:50 AM

Not so unusual WR for Lenton

"DavidW" wrote:

Steve Curtis wrote:

Never implied that Lenton's WR this
time around isn't for the books,

No, but the swim deserves the focus to
be on it rather than other stuff.

That is, until the current record is broken, at which time, the new
record holder's swim will deserve an equal amount of "focus."

at least until Beijing, at which time, a
possible new entry will be achieved by
someone else.

Maybe, but she sliced a lot off it, and she
was already a past holder of it and at
this stage looks the most likely one to
break it if anyone does.

Or not, we'll see what happens between now and in Beijing, and for that
matter, after as well.