FitnessBanter.com

-   Weights (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Shrug Question (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=6395)

Bruce February 13th 04 04:11 AM

Shrug Question

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

Lyle McDonald February 13th 04 04:19 AM

Shrug Question

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Lyle

John HUDSON February 13th 04 10:06 AM

Shrug Question

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:19:58 -0600, Lyle McDonald
wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Top Sirloin February 13th 04 01:40 PM

Shrug Question

wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Evidently it's not a problem for you. :-)

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are

Sooky Grumper February 13th 04 02:12 PM

Shrug Question

wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Good benchers = short arms = not fun for deadlifts/shrugs

Bob Falooley February 13th 04 05:37 PM

Shrug Question

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

I see guys doing that all the time in the smith machine. It looks like they
don't get as good a ROM as I can just using dumbells.

--Falooley

Jake February 13th 04 08:11 PM

Shrug Question

wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Good benchers = short arms = not fun for deadlifts/shrugs

This makes sense. I have short arms. When I do barbell shrugs I have
to lean a bit so I don't bruise up my precious willy.

Is this bad for the back at all?

Jake

posting just to use the word "willy"

BionicMan113 February 15th 04 02:33 PM

Shrug Question

It seems like that would work the muscles in a slightly different way. Do
whatever is more comfortable for you or do both.

You could also do shrugs with dumbells.

-BionicMan113

Subject: Shrug Question
From: (Bruce)