FitnessBanter.com

-   General (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gym or no gym (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=66576)

Gersh February 22nd 11 02:39 AM

Gym or no gym

Hi Im currently a member of a small 24 hour gym in Toronto Canad. I have a very busy schedule and need a 24 hour place for flexibility. My memership is coming up for renewal and I cant decide if I should renew. I do not have room in my house for exercise equipment, however, maybe with resistance bands, jump rope, swiss ball I can manage to get in a good workout, although I would need a good regimen of either walking/jogging to get in good cardio.eing that the weather in Toronto from November through Mrch is not really condusive for outdoor exercise it might impede this plan. At the end of the day are there significant advantages of a gym that make it worth spending $500-$600 a year.

Thanks
Gersh- still undecided

Richy44 March 26th 11 07:53 AM

Exercise is important for health so if there is no any room at your home for exercise so you should join the gym again spent some time there not too much.
______________
Richy44

williamthatcher May 25th 11 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gersh (Post 624725)
Hi Im currently a member of a small 24 hour gym in Toronto Canad. I have a very busy schedule and need a 24 hour place for flexibility. My memership is coming up for renewal and I cant decide if I should renew. I do not have room in my house for exercise equipment, however, maybe with resistance bands, jump rope, swiss ball I can manage to get in a good workout, although I would need a good regimen of either walking/jogging to get in good cardio.eing that the weather in Toronto from November through Mrch is not really condusive for outdoor exercise it might impede this plan. At the end of the day are there significant advantages of a gym that make it worth spending $500-$600 a year.

Thanks
Gersh- still undecided

I prefer working out at home. You save the effort in going to the gym and also you can cut down on the gym expenses. There are always some good regimens posted on forums such as these and also Important video workout will really help you.

Elbert June 23rd 11 08:08 AM

Hi Gersh,
If you don't want to join gym again due to whether or your busy schedule I will advice you to spend those 500/600$ on some machine or dumbbells and start exercising at home on regular basis.

Mekolum June 24th 11 05:04 AM

Hello friends...!
for me a gym is a necessity.....I dont have room in my house for large equipment.....I like the gym because i like the classes....I find i work out harder when everyone else is working too.....!

WibbleWam June 28th 11 12:46 PM

Unless you have a real desire to build some muscle, I would cancel the gym.

Regular and healthy exercise can easily be attained by using your own bodyweight and some simple resistance bands.

Cardio is better to work on outside the gym anyway.

Clinton June 28th 11 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WibbleWam (Post 626572)
Unless you have a real desire to build some muscle, I would cancel the gym.

Regular and healthy exercise can easily be attained by using your own bodyweight and some simple resistance bands.

Cardio is better to work on outside the gym anyway.

Yeah, have to agree with wibble. You can do plenty of body weight exercises that doesn't take much space at all and its possible to get cardio in the comfort of home with no equipment. Though outdoors IMHO is more ideal and encouraging.

are you after muscle or fitness?

Torence July 6th 11 06:57 AM

Well I think Gym is really important to build muscles as that is possible in the proper environment which is available at Gym instead of Home . So I would prefer to gym than Home for work out .

AEKER July 6th 11 07:23 AM

Actually you know friend that environment also matters.When you are in gym then you feel more energy and passion because you are in the company of those who do proper work out.Some times when people ask that at home or at gym,where we may get the better results then i always do answer that at gym.

Erenrag July 20th 11 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gersh (Post 624725)
Hi Im currently a member of a small 24 hour gym in Toronto Canad. I have a very busy schedule and need a 24 hour place for flexibility. My memership is coming up for renewal and I cant decide if I should renew. I do not have room in my house for exercise equipment, however, maybe with resistance bands, jump rope, swiss ball I can manage to get in a good workout, although I would need a good regimen of either walking/jogging to get in good cardio.eing that the weather in Toronto from November through Mrch is not really condusive for outdoor exercise it might impede this plan. At the end of the day are there significant advantages of a gym that make it worth spending $500-$600 a year.

Thanks
Gersh- still undecided

I have done both - the home gym and the local gym. I prefer the friendliness of the local gym. It seems to help to have people that I look forward to seeing everyday. Also, having all of that equipment at your disposal is nice.