FitnessBanter.com

-   Swimming (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Backstroke improvement already! (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16783)

Pat December 9th 03 01:49 AM

Backstroke improvement already!

I used the idea of twist/rolling of the shoulders today and noticed that my
legs no longer wag from side to side. So, that's a definite improvement! A
while back, one poster mentioned that her coach told her to go deeper with
her arm when it first entered the water. How does one know how deep is
right?

Pat in TX

diablo December 9th 03 03:24 AM

Backstroke improvement already!

Dropping the hand will serve two purposes. the primary reason its important
is that in order to drop the hand, the shoulder will have to drop also,
aiding body roll and maintaining balance. The second reason is that its
important in order to get a good catch. I'm pleased you made some improvment
:)

steve

Privete August 18th 13 10:40 AM

What I*read*I really liked it.*Thank you for*your information!