FitnessBanter.com

-   Running (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any good exercises to prevent injuries? (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11299)

Nordo November 11th 03 06:08 AM

Any good exercises to prevent injuries?

I've been jogging for about a month now and suddenly my knees are bothering
me. I bought some new, fancy shoes, but the slight, nagging knee pains
still persists while I'm running. Also, my new shoes seem to be aggrivating
my supposedly healed ankle injury from several months ago. Are there any
specific exercises I should be doing to reduce my knee/ankle pain and the
chances of other damage (other than stretches, or course)? I really enjoy
jogging and I'd hate to have to quit so soon by hurting my joints.

Thanks,
-Dan

Bill November 11th 03 04:04 PM

"Nordo" wrote in message
I've been jogging for about a month now and suddenly my knees are

bothering
me. I bought some new, fancy shoes, but the slight, nagging knee pains
still persists while I'm running. Also, my new shoes seem to be

aggrivating
my supposedly healed ankle injury from several months ago. Are there any
specific exercises I should be doing to reduce my knee/ankle pain and the
chances of other damage (other than stretches, or course)? I really enjoy
jogging and I'd hate to have to quit so soon by hurting my joints.

Thanks,
-Dan

Strengthen quadriceps, w. short-arc, one-legged squats, stepdowns, short-arc
leg extensions and isometrics.
For ankle, use a wobble board, or, practice the tree pose from hatha yoga.
Roll or massage all the leg muscles.
Run on natural, unpaved surfaces.
Learn to run quietly, and with little bounce.
Do not overstride.
Warm up for running by cycling, stepping, climbing, walking, slow running,
rowing, ....
Learn to stretch all muscles gently, especially hamstrings. Stretching,
without knowledge of how, often causes injury, however.

All of these have been covered exhaustively in rec dot discussions.
Go to rwforums.com to avoid trolls and select the injury forum.

hannamarin July 13th 16 05:50 AM

thanks for these exircises for injuries preventing! I advise everyone http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/how-t...nning-injuries for getting more information about how to escape from climbing and running injuries!

Scott Shaw August 31st 16 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordo (Post 142398)
I've been jogging for about a month now and suddenly my knees are bothering
me. I bought some new, fancy shoes, but the slight, nagging knee pains
still persists while I'm running. Also, my new shoes seem to be aggrivating
my supposedly healed ankle injury from several months ago. Are there any
specific exercises I should be doing to reduce my knee/ankle pain and the
chances of other damage (other than stretches, or course)? I really enjoy
jogging and I'd hate to have to quit so soon by hurting my joints.

Thanks,
-Dan

You must warming up every time before main exercises, it should prevent different inquires and one more thing about shoes - it must be amortizing, I recommend NIKE AIR ZOOM VOMERO, bought it for myself - I`m happy)