FitnessBanter.com

-   Walking in the UK (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whinlatter: parking: Revelin Moss (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=69950)

Allan[_3_] January 23rd 16 06:34 PM

Whinlatter: parking: Revelin Moss

Just been up to Whinlatter (had a soggy, misty introduction to the NW
Fells bagging Grizedale Pike and Hopegill Head). I was going to park at
Hobcarton but the parking and access routes seem to be closed due to
forestry work (this may also affect the cyclists C2C). I went into
Whinlatter parking and found that the parking charges are £8 for all
day. The nice chap at the information centre at Whinlatter suggested I
try Revelin parking which is about 100 yards down the road from
Whinlatter vistor centre and is currently free because the meter is out
of order (don't know how long that 'perk' will last!)

Revelin parking (currently meter out of order):
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=320...4255&A=Y&Z=115

Hobcarton parking (temporarily closed for forestry work)
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=319...4535&A=Y&Z=115

[email protected] November 14th 16 06:53 PM

Whinlatter: parking: Revelin Moss

What skinflints you walkers are. You want everything for nothing.