FitnessBanter.com

-   Aerobic (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Review of the NordicTrack CX 995 Elliptical trainer (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=91)

SBC August 20th 03 10:51 PM

Review of the NordicTrack CX 995 Elliptical trainer

We recently purchased the NordicTrack CX 995 Elliptical, and we like it very
much. It's solidly built, works very smoothly, and has a lot of useful
features, including a wireless heart-rate monitor.

It has one big flaw, in our opinion, in that you can't mute (or even reduce
the volume of) the console beeps. All of the workout programs emit beeps to
alert you to various things, and it can get annoying, especially since the
machine is so quiet to begin with.

The full review can be found, he

http://www.nothaveway.com/ViewArticl...Cat=Technology

--

EngineerBoy

http://www.nothaveway.com
No ads, spam, or pop-ups, just musings, commentary, opinions, and drivel

Julieanne February 28th 05 07:38 PM

"SBC" wrote in
:

We recently purchased the NordicTrack CX 995 Elliptical, and we like
it very much. It's solidly built, works very smoothly, and has a lot
of useful features, including a wireless heart-rate monitor.

It has one big flaw, in our opinion, in that you can't mute (or even
reduce the volume of) the console beeps. All of the workout programs
emit beeps to alert you to various things, and it can get annoying,
especially since the machine is so quiet to begin with.

I know my answer is a little belated, but I just came across this group.
I think you would be able to at least muffle the beeps by taping over where
the sounds emenate from. Just my .02...

Ken

[email protected] March 1st 05 09:16 AM

True, but as always I was correct. The 910 doesn't beep. Me thinks he
has his watch on "pulse" or his microwave buzzer is going off.

Pocelopolo January 5th 14 05:18 PM

I think that*this information is*the best.