FitnessBanter.com

-   Walking in the UK (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Android app for Memory Map (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=66618)

JoeJoe March 2nd 11 11:17 PM

Android app for Memory Map

"Botty" wrote in message
I discovered an excellent app for anyone with Memory Maps and an
Android phone. It allows you to upload maps to your phone's memory or
SD card and subsequently view them on your phone. Even the free
version MM Tracker FREE also shows current position, if your phone has
a GPS. The full version, MM Tracker, costing about 5, has a number of
other features, tracking, routes, searching the mmi index etc. For
more information, see

https://sites.google.com/site/mmtrackerinfo/

My maps are v.5, I suggest checking with the free version that your
maps load correctly before purchasing the full version.

Try http://alpinequest.psyberia.net/english/index instead - much better.

No need tp purchase any OS maps as it allows you to freely and legally
download them (1:25k, or 1:50k) using Mobile Atlas Creator for any part of
the UK (or other coutries) and use them with the software. I tried both MM
Tracker and AlpineQuest, nd the later win by a mile.