FitnessBanter.com

-   Walking in the UK (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Ziplock Plastic Bags (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25174)

Wai-kay Chan December 14th 04 10:53 PM

Ziplock Plastic Bags

Does anyone here know where I can get hold of plastic ziplock bags in the UK
that have a sliding closure system?

The "normal" system where you have to line up the two bits of plastic is
always fiddly to do with gloves on, but with the slider you simply slide it
one way to open the bag and slide it back again to close it, rather like a
zip.

Thanks in advance
Wai-kay

Judith December 14th 04 11:01 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:53:30 -0000, "Wai-kay Chan"
wrote:

Does anyone here know where I can get hold of plastic ziplock bags in the UK
that have a sliding closure system?

The "normal" system where you have to line up the two bits of plastic is
always fiddly to do with gloves on, but with the slider you simply slide it
one way to open the bag and slide it back again to close it, rather like a
zip.

I have bought these from a supermarket - but I can't remember which
one (out of Tesco/Sainsbury/Asda). They were sold as food/freezer
bags and were a lot more expensive than what I would normally use for
food!

The ones I have are Vileda Freshmate OneZip Bags. 15 small bags - 17cm
x 20cm. They are not very thick plastic, and I have managed to rip
the zip off the bag after reusing a bag on several trips. There is an
address on the box: Freudenberg Household Products LP, Vileda House, 2
Chichester Street, Rochdale, Lancs, OL16 2AX.

I tend to use this sort of bag for my mobile phone. I use the other
sort, with the two bits of plastic which press together, for food.

Judith

Andrew Conroy December 14th 04 11:35 PM

In article ,
Wai-kay Chan wrote:
Does anyone here know where I can get hold of plastic ziplock bags in
the UK that have a sliding closure system?

The "normal" system where you have to line up the two bits of plastic
is always fiddly to do with gloves on, but with the slider you simply
slide it one way to open the bag and slide it back again to close it,
rather like a zip.

Depends on the size and quantity required. Viking Direct sell them, as do
Plastics by Post. You can also often buy small sandwich-bag style ones
from the supermarket.

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/
http://www.plasticsbypost.demon.co.uk/

Andrew

--
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Andrew Conroy, Owl-Art Un-Ltd. | email: |

Nick Pedley December 15th 04 12:03 AM

"Wai-kay Chan" wrote in message
Does anyone here know where I can get hold of plastic ziplock bags in the

UK
that have a sliding closure system?

I use a large one for my mapcase, it came from Stationery Box or similar. I
was looking for a replacement last weekend but the only ones I found had a
stiff edging which looked rather fold-unfriendly, will have to try in
Staples and other places.
These probably aren't much good for food storage, BTW.

Nick

Fran December 15th 04 01:57 AM

said...
Does anyone here know where I can get hold of plastic ziplock bags in the UK
that have a sliding closure system?

The "normal" system where you have to line up the two bits of plastic is
always fiddly to do with gloves on, but with the slider you simply slide it
one way to open the bag and slide it back again to close it, rather like a
zip.

Lakeland Limited
http://tinyurl.com/6vvwq - should resolve to
a product somewhere along the lines of
Lakeland/solutions for the home/protect it/zipper bags
--
I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see
me as a dire warning.

John Laird December 15th 04 02:50 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:01:59 +0000, Judith
wrote:

I tend to use this sort of bag for my mobile phone. I use the other
sort, with the two bits of plastic which press together, for food.

You and I have different priorities ;-) My mobile, wallet, car keys, etc go
into the self-seal bags which are fiddly to get into but just about totally
waterproof. Food, which I want in a hurry, frozen fingers or otherwise,
goes in the easy-to-open "ziploc" ones !

As someone else pointed out, Lakeland is a good bet for stuff like this.
Genuine Ziploc products aren't readily found in the UK - my folks bring them
back from the States. (Along with half the contents of the shopping
mall...)

--
Marriage: It's not only a word, but a sentence!

Mail john rather than nospam...

Jim Ford December 17th 04 02:37 PM

* The air of uk.rec.walking was filled with the delicate perfume
* of violets, as Wai-kay Chan descended on a
* shaft of golden sunlight, and announced:

BTW, turkey roasting bags make good, tough and lightweight 'drybags'. You
get 2 for about a quid. They appear to be made out of Mylar, which is much
tougher than polethylene.

Jim Ford

Paul December 18th 04 11:53 AM

http://www.polybags.co.uk