FitnessBanter.com

-   Triathalon (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Info reqd: Softride Power V (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17482)

roofi July 9th 03 06:22 AM

Info reqd: Softride Power V

Hi guys

Anyone know the history of this bike - when it was born, when it died, what
it did during it's life?

Already own a Powerwing (Classic TT) and was looking at a used Power V for
training.....

Thanks

--

Don't mind me - I just have Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic
syndrome

Roofi July 10th 03 06:21 AM

Info reqd: Softride Power V

Thanks Tom,

Useful tips.

Like the sound of purchasing a Rocket.

How much to ship to Melbourne, Australia from Texas?

The Power V I'm looking at has a 7 sp tri-spoke wheel and 600 STI shifters.
Is it reasonable to assume that the Power V frame had 130mm rear dropout
spacing and that upgrading to 8 or 9 speed should be pretty easy?

Ian

"Tom Rodgers" wrote in message
.com...
Stick with the Powerwing for training. The Power V is pretty frail carbon,
and even Softride says "racing only" for that frame. Zipp is about the

only
durable 100% carbon beam frame that you can train on regularly, but even

it
requires constant attention to the internally routed cables which can clog
up with wet riding.

The newer Softride Rocket is durable enough for regular training and

faster
for racing. I'd look for a new or used Rocket for racing, and stick with
Powerwing as a bad-weather all-around training bike. By the way, I'm an
authorized reseller of Softride, and can get you a very, very good price

on
their whole product line.

Pocelopolo January 5th 14 06:25 PM

Thank you for posting this information!)