FitnessBanter.com

-   Walking in the UK (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   new Scottish Outdoor Access website (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=23579)

Duncan Gray November 4th 04 06:31 PM

new Scottish Outdoor Access website

The official website to promote the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, as
prepared by Scottish Natural Heritage, has now gone live as of this morning
at
www.outdooraccess-scotland.com

It seems to be pretty comprehensive. I haven't had time to study the content
in
depth though.

The latest I have heard is that it might be February before the legislation
actually comes into force. The front page of the new website already
concedes that it's not going to be this year, and an announcement of the
date will come this month. Apparently the civil servants are having
difficulty drafting the guidance for Local and National Park Authorities.

--
Duncan Gray

www.duncolm.co.uk
also The Mountaineering Council of Scotland
www.mountaineering-scotland.org.uk

Andy Crawford November 4th 04 07:16 PM

Duncan Gray typed:

The official website to promote the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, as
prepared by Scottish Natural Heritage, has now gone live as of this morning
at www.outdooraccess-scotland.com
snip

Thanks Duncan ... will follow this with great interest.
I was following progress at http://www.snh.org.uk/SOAC/

--
Andy Crawford
www.chiadfhear.co.uk

Remove "my boots" to e-mail me

druidh November 4th 04 09:15 PM

[...]

Those whose walking takes place mainly in Englandandwales might want to look
away now. . . .

druidh

Peewiglet November 4th 04 09:54 PM

Many thanks - looks good!

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

RJ Webb November 4th 04 10:58 PM

Those whose walking takes place mainly in Englandandwales might want to look
away now. . . .

I moved just as freely there as I do here. OK I had to be just a
little more discrete and alert at times....

We are in danger of talking up England as some sort of Texas where you
dont leave the roads - this is not th case.

Mind, the gomls were a major reason for me leaving the country.

Richard Webb