FitnessBanter.com

-   Weights (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bench Pressing Problem (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=35304)

[email protected] October 27th 05 01:50 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i wiegh 120
pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is something
wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?

thanks

Bob Garrison October 27th 05 01:59 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i wiegh 120
pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is something
wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?

thanks

Quit jerking off.

Dally October 27th 05 02:07 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

wrote:

Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i wiegh 120
pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is something
wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?

What do you think you should do?

I ask because this is a good thing for you to figure out on your own.
You're going to have to take care of the body you've got for a long,
long time. It's a good idea to learn to listen to your instincts.

So, what do your instincts say?

Dally

My name is Earl October 27th 05 02:41 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:59:56 -0400, "Bob Garrison"
wrote:

Quit jerking off.

Dammit! You beat (pun intended) me to it.

Dally October 27th 05 03:09 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

Bob Garrison wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i wiegh 120
pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is something
wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?

thanks

Quit jerking off.

The kid says he's 14. Can't you find a little human kindness in you
somewhere? Do you really think that's why he's weak, or are you just
trying to be funny by mortifying a kid? I guess what I'm asking is, did
you TRY to be an asshole or are just naturally one?

Dally

OmManiPadmeOmelet October 27th 05 05:20 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

In article .com,
wrote:

Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i wiegh 120
pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is something
wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?

thanks

I'll tell you the same thing they told me here.

If you want to bench press more, bench press more often.
I started pressing 3 days per week and started seeing real progress in
about a month.

Oh, and EAT MORE!!!!!!

Cheers!
--
Om.

Jason Earl October 27th 05 05:29 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

writes:

Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i wiegh
120 pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is
something wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?

You are fourteen and are sneaking up on a double bodyweight bench
press. That's actually pretty impressive. Keep up what you are doing
:).

If you want to gain weight (and add strength) then you simply need to
eat more. Try five or six meals a day instead of three, and consider
tracking what you eat on fitday.com.

Jason

Jeff Finlayson October 27th 05 05:35 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

nominaladversary wrote:

Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i wiegh 120
pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is something
wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?
thanks

20 lb is hard to believe. Is that 20 lb plus the bar or what?

How long have to been lifting? What do your workouts look like?

locker October 27th 05 05:56 AM

Bench Pressing Problem

wrote:
Im 14, and im tall, and really bony, i have no fat on me, i

wiegh
120 pounds. I can only benchpress like 20lbs. i think there is
something wrong...does anyone know wut should i do?

You can spell nominal and adversary but you can't spell 'what'
or 'weigh'? I smell a troll.

locker

thanks