FitnessBanter.com

-   Walking in the UK (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Waterproof Android tablet or phone? (http://www.fitnessbanter.com/showthread.php?t=69965)

[email protected] April 5th 16 07:36 PM

Waterproof Android tablet or phone?

Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?

Peter Clinch April 18th 16 10:53 AM

On 05/04/2016 18:36, wrote:
Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?

Your call as to what constitutes "reasonable battery life", but there
are various recharge-batteries about you can take for a boost.

Some of the Sonys are properly waterproof with plugs for the, err,
plugs, but I read relatively fiddly and not cheap.

The 3rd generation Moto-G is allegedly reasonably waterproof, see
http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...n-and-cant-do/

Is the GPS decent? I've used the GPS on my 1st Gen Moto-G to locate
geochaches more easily than with an original Garmin eTrex, so good
enough for most purposes, and I imagine it's not got any worse two
versions later.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
NHS Tayside & Univ. of Dundee Ninewells Hospital & Med. School