Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK November 10th 12, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 19
Posted By Boo
Repairing walking boots

Surprises me. Vibram are the worst gripping soles the world has ever seen.
Utter ****e in fact.

Which are the best?

That's the $64k q. Beats me but if anyone knows an alternative then...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 10th 12, 02:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 19
Posted By Boo
Repairing walking boots

I have just had my elderly Brasher Hillmasters resoled with Vibram soles
and the grip is much better, though to be honest I'm comparing worn out
original soles with brand new Vibram, so it's no...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 9th 12, 06:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Boo
What would you have done

They're a much greater loss than they were a few years ago. Lamb prices
have rocketed. There was a piece on Countryfile last autumn about a
farmer in the Black Mountains who has seen the...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 8th 11, 06:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By Boo
Famous members

I don't know. The project he was working on then was some sort of
collaboration with a publisher which, IIUC, involved (presumably among
other things) working out where photos that he hadn't...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 8th 11, 01:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By Boo
Famous members

I had an e-mail from Paul some considerable time ago now. He had been
busy anyway

Busy doing what ? Has his photography taken off in business terms dyk ?

--
Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK October 19th 11, 10:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking

I am
not going to beef about this decision as it saves visiting at least
one heathery lump. Let the decision stand.

But what if they move it back when you are too old to climb it but still...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 24th 11, 12:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Boo
1000 down and 550ish to go

On 24/06/2011 10:20, Geoff Berrow wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:59:13 +0100, Roger Chapman
wrote:

I think I might just make it without taking two days over the...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 23rd 11, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Boo
Deodorising boots...

Fill 'em with cat litter and leave 'em for a week - surprisingly this works !

Boo2
Forum: Walking in the UK May 17th 11, 04:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 9
Posted By Boo
Documentary about Sir Hugh Munro tonight

8.00 pm BBC4 - Nicholas Crane

Thank you

+1

--
Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK December 18th 10, 01:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

For a base wax you want green (or polar), assuming you've not got a
dedicated base binder wax. The temperature on a grip wax is for use as
ski grip, where a base binder is there to help other...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 15th 10, 08:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

Thanks all for the answers, I ordered the following set from Braemar :
http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/products.php?cat=42&prod=183 I'll use the
blue instead of green for a base as I don't...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 13th 10, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

Package in the post from them this morning, top ups of my softer
grip-waxes as last week I found I was just about out of the goopier hard
waxes. I now have some shiny new "Redsilver" from...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 9th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

I've just kitted myself out with a pair of the Alpina BC1550 boots +

But crucially what are the uppers made of? I already have leather NNN BC
boots and they wreck my feet, I need...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 9th 10, 02:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

On 09/12/2010 10:29, Roos Eisma wrote:
Mailorder from NL:
How about something like this?

http://www.xc-elitesports.com/index.php?cPath=73_199_227&osCsid=ed9c1a3ee2fbd561937377c3ee318326
Forum: Walking in the UK December 7th 10, 02:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

My first set (Karhu XCDs with Voile 3 pin bindings) at Braemar Mountain
Sports (or Braemar Nordic Ski Centre as it was then).

I'd originally looked at ski mountaineering stuff for climbing...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 5th 10, 01:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

As it happens, I got into the idea of XC skiing when I was walking, or
rather post-holing, through thigh deep snow near Spean Bridge and saw a
set of ski tracks a few inches deep. Once I'd...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 4th 10, 03:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

On 03/12/2010 23:12, George wrote:
Am I the only one who feels that this thread is off-charter in a walking
group?

Yup.

--
Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK December 3rd 10, 07:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 38
Posted By Boo
Xc Skiing Boots NNN Fabric/Goretex?

On 03/12/2010 13:14, Peter Clinch wrote:
Eurofeeds wrote:
My feet killed me after 1/2 an hour on XC skis today, heels rubbed off
and skin on little toe despite plastered up. I had this...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 13th 10, 11:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 22
Posted By Boo
Camera thread

Are you trying to waken the sleeping giant Tim?...:-)

Where is TSG anyway ? I'd of thought he'd of been straight in on this one :-)

--
Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK November 13th 10, 05:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

I think that's covered fairly extensively by insurance and RYC
yachtmasters qualifications or something like that. It's only very small
jet powered/dingys that don't need it.

I could be...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 12th 10, 05:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 22
Posted By Boo
Camera thread

I've got a camera...

--
Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK November 7th 10, 04:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

How would you like to be hooked by the mouth?

If I was a fish I would love it ?

--
Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK November 7th 10, 04:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

as a Formby resident I might be able to contribute something
about red squirrels...a couple of years ago the population
fell sharply beacause of the pox...

Do I need to know why, or do I just...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 7th 10, 11:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 51
Posted By Boo
4x4's and walking ... ?

the fish has been 'tortured' in the interim.

But fish don't count ?

--
Boo
Forum: Walking in the UK November 6th 10, 10:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking

As I said before there is no moral difference.

But it's that with which I disagree : IMO there is certainly a moral difference
between torturing something to death for fun and killing it quickly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100