Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Clark
Forum: Walking in the UK June 1st 09, 07:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 29
Posted By Mike Clark
Wilderness Wales 2.0 is online!

In message
"Paul Saunders" wrote:

PeterC wrote:

I know nothing about the design of web sites, so speaking...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 29th 09, 04:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Clark
Military GPS jamming will affect walkers in mid Wales

In message you wrote:

Just for your info, those who walk in mid Wales.

Forum: Walking in the UK May 27th 09, 11:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 25
Posted By Mike Clark
Trip Reports Online - which approach?

In message
"Ron Wood" wrote:

"Mike Clark" wrote in message
Forum: Walking in the UK May 25th 09, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 25
Posted By Mike Clark
Trip Reports Online - which approach?

In message
"Paul Saunders" wrote:

Ron Wood wrote:

Take a look at WebStudio, have done...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 19th 09, 03:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 29
Posted By Mike Clark
Don't throw away your map and compass

In message
Peter Clinch wrote:

Yoss1960 wrote:

rhetorical
And does anybody *seriously* believe that there are...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 18th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Clark
Olympus Tough Camera

In message you wrote:

Thanks Chris, nothing there unfortunately.

I've got some photo's taken with my mju 1030 SW available in the
galleries on...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 18th 09, 04:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Clark
new gps

In message
"Paul Saunders" wrote:

Mike Clark wrote:

Each time you switch the unit on the auto-calibration...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 11th 09, 03:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Clark
new gps

In message
"Jhimmy" wrote:

Each time you switch the unit on the auto-calibration starts off by
assuming the...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 11th 09, 02:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Clark
new gps

In message
"Jhimmy" wrote:

I have the 60CSx - must say I have no recollection ever using the
barometer...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 28th 09, 12:22 PM Posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Clark
Memory-Map feature

In message
GSV Three Minds in a Can wrote:

Bitstring , from the
wonderful...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 24th 09, 05:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Clark
Worst road to a mountain

In message
Fellwalker wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:58:57 +0100, Mike Clark
Forum: Walking in the UK April 24th 09, 03:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Clark
Worst road to a mountain

In message you wrote:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 00:11:18 +0100, Martin Richardson
wrote:

Hardknott and Wrynose can be...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 23rd 09, 04:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Clark
Memory Map Categories

In message
"Paul Saunders" wrote:

Does anyone know how to change waypoints, tracks etc. to a different
Forum: Walking in the UK April 16th 09, 05:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Clark
best hillwalking camera?

In message
wrote:

I could use some advice. I record all my walks in photo and video and
then make a...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 5th 09, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Clark
Which Sleeping Bag

In message
Hiking Holty wrote:

Hi All,

I'm after replacing my sleeping bag for a new down...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 2nd 09, 01:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Clark
GPS logging and software

In message you wrote:

[snip]

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with with either a good
GPS logger, or any other kind of GPS kit which...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 4th 09, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 14
Posted By Mike Clark
Alterative to over trousers?

In message
"MP" wrote:

[snip]
If any rain or wet ground is to be expected I wear a North Face goretex
trouser. Just undies...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 2nd 09, 07:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 14
Posted By Mike Clark
Alterative to over trousers?

In message
"MP" wrote:

I'm looking for some waterproof trousers or at least shower proof,
NOT! over trousers and not bulky ski...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 09, 03:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Clark
Jackets - your thoughts please

In message
Peter Clinch wrote:

Mike Clark wrote:

As another alternative I'd suggest you take a look at Paramo...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 09, 03:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Clark
Jackets - your thoughts please

In message
PeterC wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:05:09 GMT, Mike Clark wrote:

Given it's not really...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 09, 01:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Mike Clark
Jackets - your thoughts please

In message
Peter Clinch wrote:

wrote:

These seem to fit the bill, all a little...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 09, 12:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Clark
Rescue on the Buchaille

In message
Phil Cook wrote:

Duncan Gray wrote:

"PeterC" wrote in...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 22nd 09, 07:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Clark
What's your greatest ascent?

In message you wrote:

Rather than asking what's the highest mountain you've climbed, what's the
greatest continuous ascent that you've done,...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 19th 08, 03:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Clark
Binoculars

In message
"Paul Saunders" wrote:

Mike Clark wrote:

[snip]
Well in the case of optics I have reasonably...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 19th 08, 12:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Clark
Binoculars

In message