Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Micheal Artindale
Forum: Swimming May 10th 09, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 3
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Split times reconciliation

"none" wrote in message
What is the recommended method for reconciling split times? (We use two
time keepers, one for splits & one...
Forum: Swimming March 17th 09, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 7
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Eye damage?

"_" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:15:30 GMT, Micheal Artindale wrote:

If you swim...
Forum: Swimming March 17th 09, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 7
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Eye damage?

If you swim without goggles in clorinated water for long periods of time,
can it do damage to your eyes?

Also, can you actually get used to clorinated water so that yolur eys dont...
Forum: Swimming February 7th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Dryland question

Any swim coaches, or swim coaches out there?

Do you mind if I contact you off this, as I have a few questions for you.

Micheal
Forum: Swimming December 7th 08, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 3
Posted By Micheal Artindale
What are you hosers doing, Artindale?

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"doccie" wrote in message
Forum: Swimming December 6th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Micheal Artindale
What are you hosers doing, Artindale?

"MW Smith" wrote in message
Forum: Swimming November 1st 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 2
Posted By Micheal Artindale
was swimming across canada...

I just finished a small milestone, which will allow me to have a easier time
in figureing out how long it will take to swim 6000km.

Last year, I started to log my laps online for the "million metre...
Forum: Swimming October 30th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 1
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Shoulders

"SwimGirl" wrote in message
On Oct 27, 10:23 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
Forum: Swimming October 28th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 1
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Shoulders

"SwimGirl" wrote in message
Hello,
I've just begun wearing drag shorts while swimming. So recently,...
Forum: Swimming October 17th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 3
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Open water swimming

I know I may have asked this before... but...

I was wondering, how cold of water could someone swim about 1/2 hr in
without succuming to hypothermia.

I know there are many variables to concider. I...
Forum: Swimming October 14th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 9
Posted By Micheal Artindale
free style-- question regarding kick

"Tony" zootgs11r at tiscali dot co dot uk wrote in message

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
Forum: Swimming October 13th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Micheal Artindale
free style-- question regarding kick

"KOS" wrote in message
I have been swimming for 5 years. Mainly just freestyle.
I really dont...
Forum: Swimming September 30th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 2
Posted By Micheal Artindale
I will be feeling this tomorrow

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Sep 17, 2:28 am, "Micheal Artindale"...
Forum: Swimming September 17th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 2
Posted By Micheal Artindale
I will be feeling this tomorrow

Last year I was thinking of doing something, this year I am doing it.

I was concidering swimming more often than when the Masters team does.

Since Monday I am swimming every weekday for about an...
Forum: Swimming September 3rd 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 6
Posted By Micheal Artindale
The discussion about the LZR suits in the Olympics

"Pat" wrote in message

It reminds me of a conversation on another newsgroup. One guy said that
the cost of pizza by the...
Forum: Swimming September 3rd 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 6

"Pat" wrote in message
It reminds me of a conversation on another newsgroup. One guy said that
the cost of pizza by the slice had...
Forum: Swimming August 30th 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Tuesday is the...

Start of practices.

I am looking forward to it, and now that I have had a year of swimming and
racing, I will do some dfferent things.

Micheal
Forum: Swimming August 29th 08, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Micheal Artindale
To Micheal

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 11:09 pm, "Micheal Artindale"
Forum: Swimming August 28th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Micheal Artindale
To Micheal

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 9:52 pm, "Micheal Artindale"...
Forum: Swimming August 28th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Micheal Artindale
To Micheal

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 28, 8:18 pm, "Pat" wrote:
For me,...
Forum: Swimming August 28th 08, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Micheal Artindale
To Micheal

"Pat" wrote in message

With everything we do, there is a chance of injury.

There was a time when they thought tight clothing...
Forum: Swimming August 28th 08, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 47
Posted By Micheal Artindale
Racing Suits at the Olympics

No, they don't. A suit that reduces drag
compared with other suits will produce
lower times independently of other
factors.

But, the OP was asking about differences in times for swims...
Forum: Swimming August 27th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Micheal Artindale
To Micheal

"MW Smith" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 5:25 pm, "Pat" wrote:
With...
Forum: Swimming August 27th 08, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 5
Posted By Micheal Artindale
a clarification for the suits

For those who are bickering...

I want to know if the same person who raced 4 yrs ago did better this yr.

I can assume they are eating as best as they can.

How many wr were broken in the olympics...
Forum: Swimming August 27th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Micheal Artindale
To Micheal

"Pat" wrote in message
Did you see the story about the Chinese diver's retinal detachment from
diving? Yikes! In the article, it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100