Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 1.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Freides
Forum: Weights November 23rd 08, 10:29 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 41
Posted By Steve Freides
Changed Workout

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
Andrzej Rosa ...
Forum: Weights November 23rd 08, 04:37 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 41
Posted By Steve Freides
Changed Workout

"Andrzej Rosa" wrote

I'd just grab a sledgehammer and make some noise hammering on a tire.
That thing is just about three times harder than in seems. It melts
the
fat...
Forum: Weights November 21st 08, 09:42 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Freides
full body program - one rep percentage

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Steve Freides wrote:

"Tom Anderson"...
Forum: Weights November 20th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Freides
full body program - one rep percentage

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Steve Freides wrote:

"Tom Anderson"...
Forum: Weights November 20th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Freides
full body program - one rep percentage

"Tom Anderson" wrote

I recall reading some research that showed that doing three sets was
only ~25% better at building strength than two sets, and that more
than three...
Forum: Aerobic November 20th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Freides
How often should i do pushups and squats?

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
In misc.fitness.weights Jim Janney wrote:
Forum: General November 20th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Freides
How often should i do pushups and squats?

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
In misc.fitness.weights Jim Janney wrote:
Forum: Weights November 20th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Freides
How often should i do pushups and squats?

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
In misc.fitness.weights Jim Janney wrote:
Forum: General November 20th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Freides
How often should i do pushups and squats?

wrote in message

Hello. How often should I do pushups and squats? I'm a thin guy; I
don't intend to...
Forum: Weights November 20th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.misc,misc.fitness.aerobic

wrote in message

Hello. How often should I do pushups and squats? I'm a thin guy; I
don't intend to...
Forum: Weights November 19th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve Freides
East Meets West - Qigong Crane Frolic plus Pistol

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

One of the many strange things I do with...
Forum: Weights November 18th 08, 06:16 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve Freides
East Meets West - Qigong Crane Frolic plus Pistol

One of the many strange things I do with my body these days - one of the
10 movements from the Crane Frolic Qigong, with a bodyweight pistol
(one-legged squat) thrown in for good...
Forum: Weights November 18th 08, 01:52 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Jason Earl" wrote

I might
possibly be interested in advice from David, but I don't believe that
David actually gives advice? I am not even sure he lifts...
Forum: Weights November 17th 08, 01:26 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Freides
Deadlift failure

"David Cohen" wrote in message
On Nov 16, 10:26 am, Curt wrote:
On Nov 16,...
Forum: Weights November 16th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Freides
Deadlift failure

"Bob Volkmer" wrote in message
It was funny. Today was deadlift day and I was feeling good. I usually
pyramid up my...
Forum: Weights November 15th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Jim Janney" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

"Jim Janney"...
Forum: Weights November 14th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Jim Janney" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

[snip]

Uncle Stevie's tips...
Forum: Weights November 14th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
Pullups WAS: recovery question

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

"Jason Earl" ...
Forum: Weights November 13th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

"Jason Earl" ...
Forum: Weights November 12th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

"Jason Earl" ...
Forum: Swimming November 11th 08, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Freides
Really like my Finnis swimmers snorkel

wrote in message
I bought a Finis swimmers snorkel
thinking it may be hard to use

I'm a very new swimmer.... and find it
Forum: Weights November 10th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
"David" writes:

"Steve Freides" wrote in...
Forum: Weights November 10th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Keith" wrote in message
In article ,
Jason Earl wrote:

Forum: Weights November 10th 08, 11:24 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
Steve Freides wrote:
"Chris Malcolm" wrote...
Forum: Weights November 8th 08, 01:06 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 73
Posted By Steve Freides
recovery question

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message