Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: joeu2004
Forum: Aerobic April 10th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 2
Posted By joeu2004
Balance between Weights and Cardio

On Apr 2, 6:08*pm, "Snapper" wrote:
What is the optimal split in a 1 hour workout between cardio and weight
bearing exercise? *Fitness and weight loss is the aim. Is...
Forum: Aerobic September 12th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 4
Posted By joeu2004
Be still my beating heart

On Sep 2, 12:53 am, "Resound" wrote:
Now, using the 220-age formula, my max heart rate *should* be
somewhere around 183-184 (I turn 37 at the end of the year).

Your MHR...
Forum: Running August 16th 07, 01:20 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.support.diet,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By joeu2004
Obesity Map

On Aug 15, 2:02 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
On Aug 15, 12:40 am, joeu2004 wrote:
says that protein is the very last resource the body turns...
Forum: Weights August 16th 07, 01:20 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.support.diet,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By joeu2004
Obesity Map

On Aug 15, 2:02 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
On Aug 15, 12:40 am, joeu2004 wrote:
says that protein is the very last resource the body turns...
Forum: Aerobic August 16th 07, 01:20 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.support.diet,misc.fitness.aerobic,rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By joeu2004
Obesity Map

On Aug 15, 2:02 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
On Aug 15, 12:40 am, joeu2004 wrote:
says that protein is the very last resource the body turns...
Forum: Weights August 15th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.support.diet,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 24
Posted By joeu2004
Obesity Map

On Aug 14, 8:47 am, Prisoner at War wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:15 am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Aug 13, 6:35 pm, "sycochkn" ...
Forum: Aerobic August 15th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.support.diet,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 7
Posted By joeu2004
Obesity Map

On Aug 14, 8:47 am, Prisoner at War wrote:
On Aug 14, 1:15 am, joeu2004 wrote:
On Aug 13, 6:35 pm, "sycochkn" ...
Forum: Weights August 14th 07, 07:15 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.support.diet,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 24
Posted By joeu2004
Obesity Map

On Aug 13, 6:35 pm, "sycochkn" wrote:
Muscle is gained with high intensity low reps

Muscle is gained by exercising muscle to fatigue (or nearly so), as
long as there is...
Forum: Aerobic August 14th 07, 07:15 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.support.diet,misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 7
Posted By joeu2004
Obesity Map

On Aug 13, 6:35 pm, "sycochkn" wrote:
Muscle is gained with high intensity low reps

Muscle is gained by exercising muscle to fatigue (or nearly so), as
long as there is...
Forum: Aerobic August 6th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 13
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

On Aug 5, 3:22 pm, Sandstone wrote:
In 2001 I had a
thoracotomy and still have nerve damage from the procedure. As a
result I can't stand the feel of anything touching...
Forum: Running August 5th 07, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

On Aug 4, 8:55 pm, "sycochkn" wrote:
I have started to do my walking with a metronome at a constant cadence.

I wouldn't recommend it, but you've piqued my curiosity. Is...
Forum: Aerobic August 5th 07, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

On Aug 4, 8:55 pm, "sycochkn" wrote:
I have started to do my walking with a metronome at a constant cadence.

I wouldn't recommend it, but you've piqued my curiosity. Is...
Forum: Walking August 5th 07, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

On Aug 4, 8:55 pm, "sycochkn" wrote:
I have started to do my walking with a metronome at a constant cadence.

I wouldn't recommend it, but you've piqued my curiosity. Is...
Forum: Triathalon August 5th 07, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

On Aug 4, 8:55 pm, "sycochkn" wrote:
I have started to do my walking with a metronome at a constant cadence.

I wouldn't recommend it, but you've piqued my curiosity. Is...
Forum: Triathalon August 5th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

Errata....

On Aug 4, 8:25 pm, joeu2004 wrote:
I did a google search for ``continuous strapless "heart rate
monitor"`` (with the ``, but with the inner quotes).

Darn...
Forum: Running August 5th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

Errata....

On Aug 4, 8:25 pm, joeu2004 wrote:
I did a google search for ``continuous strapless "heart rate
monitor"`` (with the ``, but with the inner quotes).

Darn...
Forum: Walking August 5th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

Errata....

On Aug 4, 8:25 pm, joeu2004 wrote:
I did a google search for ``continuous strapless "heart rate
monitor"`` (with the ``, but with the inner quotes).

Darn...
Forum: Aerobic August 5th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

Errata....

On Aug 4, 8:25 pm, joeu2004 wrote:
I did a google search for ``continuous strapless "heart rate
monitor"`` (with the ``, but with the inner quotes).

Darn...
Forum: Triathalon August 5th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By joeu2004
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors?

On Aug 4, 8:00 pm, wrote:
I live in Australia. I am well aware of POLAR Heart Rate Monitors, but
I am trying to find out if there are any "strapless" brands of Heart
Rate...
Forum: Running August 5th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking

On Aug 4, 8:00 pm, wrote:
I live in Australia. I am well aware of POLAR Heart Rate Monitors, but
I am trying to find out if there are any "strapless" brands of Heart
Rate...
Forum: Walking August 5th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking

On Aug 4, 8:00 pm, wrote:
I live in Australia. I am well aware of POLAR Heart Rate Monitors, but
I am trying to find out if there are any "strapless" brands of Heart
Rate...
Forum: Aerobic August 5th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.walking

On Aug 4, 8:00 pm, wrote:
I live in Australia. I am well aware of POLAR Heart Rate Monitors, but
I am trying to find out if there are any "strapless" brands of Heart
Rate...
Forum: Aerobic July 24th 07, 06:07 AM Posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 10
Posted By joeu2004
Study completed about fitness

On Jul 23, 8:33 am, "Steve Freides" wrote:
I haven't been a regular runner, bicyclist, or swimmer in a number of
years. Statistically, most people who give up regular...
Forum: Aerobic July 24th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 10
Posted By joeu2004
Study completed about fitness

On Jul 23, 7:25 pm, Rick B. wrote:
With a few changes to my diet, it wasn't hard to lose the weight.
It's also nice to learn that dark chocolate and almonds (among
others)...
Forum: Aerobic July 23rd 07, 01:11 PM Posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
Replies: 10
Posted By joeu2004
Study completed about fitness

On Jul 20, 10:02 pm, Rick B. wrote:
So I'm wondering if this idea of working out for 30, resting for 20,
then working out again for 30 is a good idea for burning fat. I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48