Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Rudin[_2_]
Forum: Running March 17th 11, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Damn young guys

dizzy writes:

A co-worker comes up to me the other day and asks what my 10k PR was.
I told him. He says "Dang, slower than you by three minutes."

This was his first...
Forum: Running March 7th 11, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Training week ending March 6 2011

Anders writes:

Normally I would expect someone with a peak mileage of 140 km to aim
at sub-3 or faster, but it would seem that you haven't raised your
expectations from...
Forum: Running March 7th 11, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Training week ending March 6 2011

Charlie Pendejo writes:

Paul Rudin:
A big mileage week for me with Paris just 5 weeks away

That looks *solid*! I echo I2's curiosity about your goal(s). ...
Forum: Running March 6th 11, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Training week ending March 6 2011

John Hurley writes:

Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

Been a bit patchy posting here the last few weeks. A big mileage...
Forum: Running March 4th 11, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Advice Please - Persistent Calf Problem

DesperateDan writes:

I've been running for decades! 1/2 marathons when I was younger and
now 3-4 miles every couple of days now I'm 47.

The problem - For several years...
Forum: Running February 17th 11, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
New BM registration and qualifying policies

Sericinus hunter writes:

On 2/17/2011 2:05 AM, Paul Rudin wrote:
Sericinus writes:

To me it looks like younger runners will dominate the field.
Forum: Running February 17th 11, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.running

Sericinus hunter writes:

To me it looks like younger runners will dominate the field.
There is no mention of age groups here.

The qualifying standards are according to age as...
Forum: Running February 17th 11, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
New BM registration and qualifying policies

Michelle writes:

In article
,
John Hurley wrote:

# Couldn't the same...
Forum: Running February 16th 11, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
New BM registration and qualifying policies

Michelle writes:

http://www.boston.com/sports/marathon/blog/2011/02/baa_announces_new_proced
ures_f.html

Executive summary. Next year people 20 mins better than their...
Forum: Running February 3rd 11, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Kenya this year

Edward Edmonds writes:

Long time since I've been on here, been really busy with training,
sleeping, and school. But hey, just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm
going...
Forum: Running January 24th 11, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Polartec buff anyone?

John Hurley writes:

After quickly looking at that review I guess there are about 10
different ways one might wear the polartec buff ...

I always take a polartec buff...
Forum: Running January 19th 11, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Tall runners vs. short runners, in marathons

writes:

Okay kinda unrelated but I heard that shorter people can do better
than tall in marathons because they burn less calories per mile and
weigh less. I think this is...
Forum: Running January 11th 11, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Good luck Patrick!

Patrick writes:

Yep, that's me. I did it!

Well done!

Not as fast as thought I would. I guess it is a respectable time
though.
Forum: Running January 10th 11, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Good luck Patrick!

pithydoug writes:

5742 PATRICK SMITH ST. PETERSBURG FL MEN -- 45 THROUGH 49 46 M
4:56:35 5:04:04 6494 4211 580 45.4% 53:19 1:46:23 2:21:13
3:44:24

Since...
Forum: Running January 8th 11, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Going to try something new today

Karol Y writes:

I use balaclava - simple and effective.

Buffs work well too... never without one when skiing. They're nice and
flexible - you can use it as a hat, scarf,...
Forum: Running January 6th 11, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Injuries for 2010

Paul Rudin writes:

... from the best of us...

err... "rest of us".
Forum: Running January 6th 11, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Injuries for 2010

pithydoug writes:

On Jan 5, 3:15*pm, Dot wrote:
On 1/5/2011 4:26 AM, pithydoug wrote:

I now wondering if #1 should have been injured or...
Forum: Running January 4th 11, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Injuries for 2010

pithydoug writes:

I'm often spanked for being too conservative and stating my feeling
about doing too much causing forced down time.

Some question(s) to cover...
Forum: Running December 28th 10, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Training week ending Dec 26 2010

Michelle writes:

In article ,
"Tony S." wrote:

I do not know why I've fallen apart like this, but...
Forum: Running December 18th 10, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
2011 running goals.

John Hurley writes:

Paul:

# Mine: 3:15 marathon in Paris in April. If that fails then another
marathon later in the year to try again. If it suceeds then either a
Forum: Running December 17th 10, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
2011 running goals.

For a bit of fun post your running goals for the coming year here. I'll
make a record of what people post and at the end of the year start
another thread so we can see how people did.

Mine: 3:15...
Forum: Running December 15th 10, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
"One last marathon" -- never again!

pithydoug writes:

Because the race is under a bright sunny sky and you don't want to
get sunburned(preventative) or already burned(oops, forgot) and want
to slow the...
Forum: Running December 15th 10, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
What percent of 40 yr olds are physcially capable of running?

speakout writes:

Once they have gotten down to a healthy weight etc.

The vast majority.

Its been several hundred years since running is the least bit
essential...
Forum: Running December 15th 10, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
Right leg is always injured. Rarely the left leg.

speakout writes:

I did some searching and it is normal for right handed people to have
a weak right leg and vice versa, the right land left leg have
specialized...
Forum: Running December 15th 10, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Rudin[_2_]
"One last marathon" -- never again!

Ken writes:

They taste obnoxious no matter what the flavour,

IMO the SiS ones taste better than any others, and are designed so that
you don't need to wash them down...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100