Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mark cleary
Forum: Running February 8th 16, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By mark cleary
Looking for recommendations for a Heart Rate Monitor Watch

Just buy a Garmin GPS and it comes with a heart monitor they are fine and
you know how far you ran. A long time runner should be able to tell there
running pace with in seconds per mile.

Deacon...
Forum: Running January 2nd 16, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By mark cleary
Anyone here ever broke a hip?

I am long distance runner of 37 years and about 75000 lifetime miles. I also
ride a bike and that is my problem. Out riding exactly 26 day ago and hit an
ice patch. Land on hip and long story,...
Forum: Running January 8th 13, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
injury any thoughts

I post here once in awhile have not lately. Been having some back-of-butt
pain. Could be high hamstring tendonitis, it cause the sciatic nerve
symptoms but most when sitting. I ran run ok and after...
Forum: Running May 2nd 10, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By mark cleary
1st real race in 8 years

Well I am a dedicated runner but over the years from late 1990's I just
stopped doing any races. Too many responsibilities with the day job and
ministry. I have alway keep my regular running up but...
Forum: Running April 24th 10, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
High mileage ... moderate mileage ... what does it mean to people?

I find that in hard training after long runs and bike rides I crave
protein. I realize carbs are needed but I crave protein and I think I
need much of it. My favorite meal after a long run is one...
Forum: Running April 21st 10, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
High mileage ... moderate mileage ... what does it mean to people?

Age is a huge factor and in my early 30's running my best I averaged
about 50-60 miles a week. Now at near 50 I still run 40-45 miles but I
really do not run longer than about 10 miles and average...
Forum: Running April 12th 10, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
Question on your warmup

John Hurley wrote:
On Apr 12, 3:45 pm, "Badger" wrote:

snip

Including any stretching, how long do you warm up for before your run? Or do
you just get out of bed...
Forum: Running April 9th 10, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
hip bursitis

outsideinmi wrote:

I have had it and depends more on what is going on. Yes take naprox-sodium
( Advil) that works better. You can go to 2 in the am and 2 in the pm but
be carefull do...
Forum: Running April 8th 10, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
hip bursitis

outsideinmi wrote:
Anyone else suffer through hip bursitis? First injury that's kept me out of
running more than 3-4 days here, took 6 days off, tried an easy 4 miler and
today i'm in pain...
Forum: Running April 7th 10, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By mark cleary
2 a days

Patrick wrote:
Hi All,

Was wondering about 2 a day runs. I've heard that running twice a day is
a good way to get your weekly mileage up. So if someone gets up in the
AM and runs 3 miles...
Forum: Running March 6th 10, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 14
Posted By mark cleary
where do you buy shoes?

John Hurley wrote:
On Mar 5, 7:14 pm, "td" s wrote:

snip

as i am rather new and occasional lurker in this realm, just thought i would
throw out the question.

My answers...
Forum: Running March 3rd 10, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
Achilles fixes?

John Hurley wrote:
On Mar 3, 2:39 pm, Patrick wrote:

snip

Getting ready to do my first ever race and my right achilles tendon
seems to have a little tendinitis...
Forum: Running February 20th 10, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By mark cleary
Running fast

Edward Edmonds wrote:
Recently I've noticed that when your doing a hard run, if you can
learn to turn of your brain you can go a lot faster for a lot longer.
For instance, in the past my...
Forum: Running February 15th 10, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By mark cleary
winter stamina

steinbej wrote:
Hi folks,
Every winter by January & February I think to myself, "how on earth
did I crank it up for a marathon only a couple months ago!?!?" It's
gotten so predictable that...
Forum: Running February 14th 10, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 12
Posted By mark cleary
Do you ever know ...

John Hurley wrote:
On Feb 12, 9:00 pm, "D Stumpus" wrote:

snip

Just a couple of chips? Potato chips?

Salty tortilla chips, of course. This is the...
Forum: Running February 12th 10, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 12
Posted By mark cleary
Do you ever know ...

John Hurley wrote:
On Feb 11, 5:53 pm, "D Stumpus" wrote:

snip

Do you ever know what kind of run you're going to have after taking the
first few...
Forum: Running February 9th 10, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By mark cleary
Training week ending Feb 7 2010

Anthony wrote:
Upcoming:
50K trail ultra 5 March
200k 4-person 24-stage relay 29 April

Last week's Sunday hill repeats I felt really strong -
yesterday It was a bit of a struggle...
Forum: Running January 9th 10, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By mark cleary
Arms and Hands stiff

D Stumpus wrote:
"Patrick" wrote

Been ratcheting up my distances lately. I've experienced something strange
with my arms and hands on longish runs, 8+ miles,...
Forum: Running January 1st 10, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By mark cleary
Last run of 2009 first run 2010

Doug Freese wrote:
About 3 miles. A pseudo tapering for a fun party time 50k Sunday.

-D

I managed 8.5 miles today the temp was exactly zero outside and a slight
2-4mph wind. Going...
Forum: Running January 1st 10, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By mark cleary
Last run of 2009

Ed Prochak wrote:
Just 3miles, 32:02. Temp was just at freezing (or slightly above). It
felt good to get out there for the last day of the year.

No midnight race for me, I'll be with my...
Forum: Running December 11th 09, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 16
Posted By mark cleary
How Cold Is Too Cold?

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Temp today is 5F with the windchill in -10F region. Too cold too run?
Dress right with gortex and layers it can be done. I use petroleum jelly
on the face and neck. My PR was...
Forum: Running December 6th 09, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By mark cleary
the best running recovery procedures

John Hurley wrote:
On Dec 5, 4:19 pm, "I2Run" wrote:

snip

IPA90 is definitely the best, but D'Ere is a good cheaper alternative.
An other non-local brand...
Forum: Running November 29th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By mark cleary
Carbs

John Hurley wrote:
On Nov 28, 3:57 pm, Brown Cat wrote:

snip

My typical route takes me 3.5 miles. I've found that running this route
can sometimes be fairly easy...
Forum: Running November 29th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By mark cleary
gore tex suits

Speaking of winter running I have my trusty gore tex running jacket and
pants from at least 12-15 year ago. They are fine although I almost
never use the pants, but I never see these advertised...
Forum: Running November 9th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By mark cleary
HR monitor training question

D Stumpus wrote:
"D Stumpus" wrote

That's probably an artifact (meaning a faulty reading) caused by a poor
connection with the HR monitor.

I was assuming...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44