Showing results 1 to 25 of 86
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sericinus hunter[_3_]
Forum: Running April 22nd 16, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Looking for recommendations for a Heart Rate Monitor Watch

On 4/21/2016 10:29 PM, Ed Prochak wrote:
On Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 7:56:29 PM UTC-5, Sericinus hunter wrote:
Garmin equipment is excellent. Their software sucks.

What is the problem...
Forum: Running February 8th 16, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Looking for recommendations for a Heart Rate Monitor Watch

Garmin equipment is excellent. Their software sucks.

On 2/7/2016 7:50 PM, mark cleary wrote:
Just buy a Garmin GPS and it comes with a heart monitor they are fine and you know how far you ran. A...
Forum: Running January 2nd 16, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Happy new year to all the usenet dinosaurs on rec.running!

On 1/2/2016 12:46 PM, Tim+ wrote:
Just curious to know who still lurks here occasionally in this digital
backwater. ;-)

I do.

Some photos from inside NYC...
Forum: Running April 6th 15, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
What is your farthest place for a run?

On 4/5/2015 10:43 PM, Sericinus hunter wrote:
On 4/5/2015 9:50 PM, Ed Prochak wrote:
Hey no limits except for it to be a run.

For a race the farthest I have gone was Los Vegas. Unless...
Forum: Running April 6th 15, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
What is your farthest place for a run?

On 4/5/2015 9:50 PM, Ed Prochak wrote:
Hey no limits except for it to be a run.

For a race the farthest I have gone was Los Vegas. Unless Disney's Castaway Cay fun run (no times) counts.

Forum: Running March 29th 14, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
4mm drop

On 3/28/2014 9:44 PM, steinbej wrote:
On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:41:22 PM UTC-4, Michael wrote:
Seriously, can anyone tell the difference between 4mm and 0mm drop in shoes? That's less than...
Forum: Running March 5th 14, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
New Year Goals

On 3/5/2014 5:34 AM, Bart Mathias wrote:
Since there is no danger of overloading this group...

Nice touch. And very sad so.

Thanks for the report.
Forum: Running June 19th 13, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Training week ending June 16 2013

On 6/19/2013 1:44 PM, Ed Prochak wrote:
On Monday, June 17, 2013 9:00:39 PM UTC-4, Sericinus hunter wrote:
Sorry, I am a little late, but thought this might be
interesting. Photo report from...
Forum: Running June 18th 13, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.running

On 6/18/2013 4:36 AM, Anthony wrote:

"Sericinus hunter" wrote in message ...
Sorry, I am a little late, but thought this might be
Forum: Running June 18th 13, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Training week ending June 16 2013

Sorry, I am a little late, but thought this might be
interesting. Photo report from the Great Wall Marathon.

https://picasaweb.google.com/andrei.v.volkov/TheGreatWallMarathon2013

Pictures of...
Forum: Running June 12th 13, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
New Balance MT10 Trail Shoes

On 6/12/2013 12:05 PM, rms wrote:
I see that MT1010 has a rock plate. Does it work well?
What is v2?

http://runtramp.com/new-balance-mt1010-v2-preview/
The first release had major...
Forum: Running June 12th 13, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
New Balance MT10 Trail Shoes

On 6/11/2013 5:55 PM, rms wrote:
I used to have their Minimus and found protection
from underneath inadequate on trails. Are these any
better?

I'm waiting for the MT1010 v2 in...
Forum: Running June 11th 13, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
New Balance MT10 Trail Shoes

I used to have their Minimus and found protection
from underneath inadequate on trails. Are these any
better?

On 6/11/2013 12:28 PM, Michael wrote:
For forefoot strikers, I recommend these trail...
Forum: Running May 31st 13, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
From the latest Trail Runner issue

On 5/30/2013 1:21 PM, Ed Prochak wrote:
On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:23:59 PM UTC-4, Sericinus hunter wrote:

I guess I am wondering how they dare to promote substance
which is illegal...
Forum: Running May 30th 13, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
From the latest Trail Runner issue

...marijuana seems uniquely qualified as an ergogenic
for long-distance running (slow efforts) for three reasons:
it helps mitigate pain, decrease nausea and increase appetite.
The longer the race or...
Forum: Running February 25th 13, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Training week ending Feb 24 2013

On 2/24/2013 7:37 PM, John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

NJ trails were extremely wet this week, but I still somehow
managed to...
Forum: Running December 27th 12, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
the grin of winter insanity

On 12/27/2012 10:19 AM, John Hurley wrote:
Always fun when one can fly right by the very slow cross country
skiers.

I always enjoy passing mountain bikers on rocky NJ trails.

I...
Forum: Running October 29th 12, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
calf strain not getting better, Philly 26 in doubt

On 10/28/2012 9:21 PM, steinbej wrote:
Related question: how to find a sports-oriented massage therapist? Lots of make-your-back-feel-good massage therapists all over, but few I think...
Forum: Running August 7th 12, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
So jeff ... what is this race you are doing next?

On 8/6/2012 8:07 PM, John Hurley wrote:
One of my IT coworkers is going up to do a 50 mile soon ... somewhere
near Hell Michigan.

Something about all sorts of distance races all offered on...
Forum: Running June 7th 12, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Is Big Distance Actually Harmful?

On 6/6/2012 10:32 PM, Ed Prochak wrote:
On Jun 4, 9:58 am, Tim wrote:
http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/04/extreme-workouts-when-exercise-...

How about...
Forum: Running May 24th 12, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
NYT article on Micah True

On 5/23/2012 12:20 PM, rms wrote:
Quite a good article, better than the book, in fact. The page layout in the physical paper is apparently very well done, if you can find a copy:
Forum: Running March 21st 12, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Training week ending March 18 2012

On 3/21/2012 4:56 AM, Anthony wrote:
Fri: Jerusalem marathon 3:27:30

Nicely done, Anthony. I guess you stayed in Crowny Plaza?
I had similar impressions. It was my slowest marathon so...
Forum: Running March 11th 12, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Winter baselayer?

On 3/10/2012 8:09 PM, rms wrote:
Anticipating night runs in the 0C range when I might already be endothermic, I went to rei looking at their 1/4zip mid&heavyweight baselayers -- 1/4zip, because I...
Forum: Running March 6th 12, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Training week ending March 4 2012

On 3/6/2012 1:10 AM, Anthony wrote:

"Sericinus hunter" wrote in message ...
On 3/5/2012 3:39 AM, Anthony wrote:
Jerusalem marathon coming up...
Forum: Running March 6th 12, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Training week ending March 4 2012

On 3/5/2012 3:39 AM, Anthony wrote:
Jerusalem marathon coming up on March 16...

Anthony, do you know the course elevation profile?
I could not find it on the event site. Is it going
to be very...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 86