Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Forum: Walking in the UK October 21st 15, 08:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Using GPS instead of maps

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Does anyone have experience of wide-area touring and navigation using a
GPS device? I have an Etrex 20 and an OpenStreetMap mapping
(talkytoaster), as...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 20th 15, 01:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Many thanks Bob, that's very helpful.

I've also since discovered that my Memory-Map can create a route card,
so I'll play with that for a while first. At the very least I'll use
one to adopt your...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 17th 15, 12:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Can you say a bit more about your workflow to prepare that interesting
route map please Bob, as I've never made one? Apart from that tricky
section, which you've manually adjusted, is it based on a...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 17th 15, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Volker Gringmuth wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

During the C2C we shared breakfast one morning with an 84 year old guy
who was just completing it - for the sixth...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 16th 15, 10:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Ted Ferenc wrote:

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:35:50 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

Ted Ferenc wrote:

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:53:32 +0100, Terry...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 16th 15, 08:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Bob Mannix wrote:

I didn't weigh in with Naismith as it seemed you were keen on a more "hi-tech" solution. There hasn't been *much* refinement to the human being in 123 years...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 15th 15, 01:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Ted Ferenc wrote:

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:53:32 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

I'm planning next summer's walk with my wife of the SW Coastal path,
from Westward Ho! to...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 15th 15, 01:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Richard Smith wrote:

On 13/10/15 19:44, Terry Pinnell wrote:

The usual formula for calculating time is Naismith's rule.
Forum: Walking in the UK October 13th 15, 08:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

On 2015-10-12 20:53, Terry Pinnell wrote:
I'm planning next summer's walk with my wife of the SW Coastal path,
from Westward Ho! to...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 13th 15, 05:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

Jell wrote:

Terry

That feels a bit dismissive, as a good mapping product (be it Anquet, Memory Map, OS Maps or Google Earth) is likely to be part of the answer.

I am...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 13th 15, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

Allan wrote:

On 12/10/2015 20:53, Terry Pinnell wrote:
I'm planning next summer's walk with my wife of the SW Coastal path,
from Westward Ho! to Trevenoe. I'm in the...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 13th 15, 10:20 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Memory Map qct files in iPad?

Correcting my typo in second para:

The answer is a simple Yes and the link Phil gave shows you how to do
it - but note in particular the 4 GB limit. In practice this means
using the more...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 13th 15, 10:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Memory Map qct files in iPad?

Trevor wrote:

Does anyone know if its possible to load existing memory map qct files
into an ipad and what software is there to view them?

---
This email has been...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 12th 15, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

I'm planning next summer's walk with my wife of the SW Coastal path,
from Westward Ho! to Trevenoe. I'm in the course of making estimates
of mileage and gross ascent and descent (ft), both based on...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 3rd 15, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Terry Pinnell[_2_]
20 years ?

Chris Gilbert wrote:

Are we there yet ? I think so.

Long live u.r.w, irrespective of the protocol used to contribute
to it,

Eee, I feel old. Still climbing hills,...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15