Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Forum: Running October 18th 10, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bluetooth head set for running?

steinbej wrote:

I say corded headphones (earbuds) all the way.

Ok thanks for advice but I tried ear "buds" and just
can NOT get them to stay put in ear canal!
Forum: Running October 13th 10, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bluetooth head set for running?

Corey Connor wrote:

I run with a droid.

I guess you use an "arm band" type thingie to "hold"
your Droid? Or..where do you carry it if not on arm?
Forum: Running October 13th 10, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bluetooth head set for running?

Corey Connor wrote:

I run with a droid.

Cool!!

I want to go Droid eventually.....
Forum: Running October 13th 10, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bluetooth head set for running?

Corey Connor wrote:

I'm sold on the Motorola MotoRokr S9-HD in-ear
ear-bud (with behind-the-neck mount), binaural headset. No
complaints.

Yep! That's the model I...
Forum: Running October 12th 10, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bluetooth head set for running?

two questions...

One I am curious how many people listen to music from
an mp3 player while running?

Second... any advice on some wireless BlueTooth headset
for this purpose above?

Or have you...
Forum: Running March 8th 10, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

steinbej wrote:

The
mathematician in me says ought to be the same.

I'm the OP

I guess that what I'm "trying" to be.... a bit of a
"mathematician"....poor one at that.
Forum: Running March 4th 10, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

"rick++" wrote:

NO!
Walking too fast is rarely an issue. No fancy gizmos needed.
Just go out and start walking fast.

how will you know if you are getting anything out of...
Forum: Running March 3rd 10, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

pithydoug wrote:

Speed and heart rate can be two different animals. For example your
13:30 Min/mile could have your heart rate at 90 or 190. Your limiting
factor could be...
Forum: Running February 27th 10, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

dizzy wrote:

They have other things to do, and running an hour nearly
every day is both mentally and physically very demanding.

agree with that

and kinda why I ask abt...
Forum: Running February 26th 10, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

Charlie Pendejo wrote:

To answer the OP: what "real benefit" are you looking for from the
exercise? Weight loss / maintenance, general health, mental...
Forum: Running February 26th 10, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

dizzy wrote:

Well, that's great, but my understanding is that weight reduction
really comes from diet modification. I'd bet that you did that, in
conjunction with the...
Forum: Running February 25th 10, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

dizzy wrote:

The more intense, the less duration required, of course. But keep in
mind that the heart is the ultimate "endurance" muscle. It won't be
impressed by...
Forum: Running February 24th 10, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

John Hurley wrote:

This sounds like it could get ugly in the answers here!

Sorry didn't mean to start a war. I know its a bit
ambiguous

I'm just thinking out loud I...
Forum: Running February 24th 10, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

Does walking stress the cardio system enough to be of
any real benefit?

Or do short runs of 15 min's do more in that respect?
Forum: Running February 1st 10, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Narcissism in runners?

sam wrote:

but it's whether, for example, they
can empathize with someone else.

Yes.... agree wit that above!

I just remember running with this woman and a few
others and...
Forum: Running January 31st 10, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Narcissism in runners?

"rick++" wrote:

I seen it in about any sport where people get over-involved.

ok

but trying to determine the "causation" I guess

is it that athletes are narcissist first and...
Forum: Running January 31st 10, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Narcissism in runners?

"Edward Edmonds" wrote:

It's a naturally occurring phenomenon in most runner's I've come across;
does it bother you?

No.... but I guess I have never noticed it...
Forum: Running January 31st 10, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Narcissism in runners?

Curious..... do you detect a high level of narcissism
in runners you know??

The runners I know..... seem to have such traits and I
am wondering if there is a connection
Forum: Running January 9th 10, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
UnderArmour clothing rough on nipples?

Ed Prochak wrote:

But what material? I have a long sleeve tee by them. It is one of the
tight, body fitting types, made of one of the tech fabrics. Very
smooth. It has...
Forum: Running January 8th 10, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
which is better jacket/fleece for winter temps?

John Hurley wrote:

I really prefer tyvek jackets for most winter running as an outer
layer for running.

where are you buying yours??
Forum: Running January 8th 10, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
UnderArmour clothing rough on nipples?

I bought some UA tank tops on deep sale.

Nice tops but I've noticed the material is a bit
"rough" feeling and am concerned abt running in them as
far as nipple irritation.

I also own some Patagonia...
Forum: Running December 18th 09, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How to automate capture of daily physical movement?

Michelle wrote:

What do you mean by "body movement"? Do you include things like spinning,
stairmaster, treadmill, or only outdoor running and walking?

yes....all body...
Forum: Running December 17th 09, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How to automate capture of daily physical movement?

I run "some"..... but main activities are walking and
bicycling.

I'm looking for a device that I can wear like a watch
that will automatically capture and download to a
computer for analysis all my...
Forum: Running July 4th 09, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
What MP3 player you use?

Iv e been eyeballing this new Sony player...see link

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Headphone-Style-Walkman-Player-Black/dp/B0020MM9XC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244852417&sr=1-5

Just don't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100