Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 1.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Clinch
Forum: Walking in the UK December 19th 17, 12:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Clinch
Woollen trousers

On 18/12/2017 17:58, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Peter Clinch wrote:
On 18/12/2017 13:39, Nick Maclaren wrote:
I want...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 18th 17, 04:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Clinch
Woollen trousers

On 18/12/2017 13:39, Nick Maclaren wrote:
I want some woollen trousers, not actually for walking, but for
something similar. snip
Any ideas for suppliers?

Icebreaker Trailheads are a mix of...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 1st 17, 08:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 89
Posted By Peter Clinch
Scottish mountains - how on earth can anyone pronounce them?

On 27/05/2017 11:46, Graham Seed wrote:
On 27/05/2017 9:44 AM, wrote:
Larik groo. The pass of Drew.

You say that but English is much worse. My German friend pointed...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 5th 17, 06:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Bye
Posted By Peter Clinch
Bye

On 05/03/2017 07:54, Phil Cook wrote:
Looks round one last time thinking happy thoughts of friends well met
and hills walked together.

Turns off light and thinks, "coo innit dark in...
Forum: Walking in the UK July 11th 16, 11:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Clinch
OT Walking Hat

On 11/07/2016 09:52, Gordon H wrote:
On 10/07/2016 20:14, TheChief wrote:
Ok so I'm thinking that bird watchers do a bit of walking about
and might advise on the suitability of head...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 18th 16, 09:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Clinch
Waterproof Android tablet or phone?

On 05/04/2016 18:36, wrote:
Has anyone found a waterproof Android tablet or phone with a decent gps
and reasonable battery life?

Your call as to what constitutes "reasonable...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 29th 16, 08:42 AM Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Clinch
Boots - sore feet

On 28/03/2016 10:37, Allan wrote:
On 27/03/2016 17:46, R D S wrote:
You're a sage & experienced old bunch hence I thought i'd put this to
you;

I bought some new boots (Grisport Fuse) at...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 14th 16, 02:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Clinch
Trail shoes

On 11/03/2016 17:35, Syke wrote:
I have a pair of Trezeta trail shoes (NEWTRAIL) which are now past it
but have given very good service, but like many things today,
replacement is not so...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 1st 16, 11:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter Clinch
Martin Richardson Marilyn completion 19 March 2016

On 28/01/2016 22:39, Martin Richardson wrote:
Those of you who remember me will know that for a long while I have
been working my way through the Marilyn (P150) hill list. I have had
the luck...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 22nd 15, 02:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Peter Clinch
Using GPS instead of maps

On 21/10/2015 14:46, Phil Cook wrote:

Mountaineering Council of Scotland - probably changed their name to
something more trendy. In Gaelic it is Streap Alba.

No. Still the same: MCofS ...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 1st 15, 10:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Clinch
FABSIL Footwear Proofer

On 30/05/2015 22:33, Martyn Tindall wrote:
Anyone used this product? It sounds better than the water-based
Nikwax sprays.

My chemistry stopped at O-level so it's not something I'm at all sure...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 26th 15, 07:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Clinch
Food for camping :-(

On 25/05/2015 11:44, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Peter Clinch wrote:

And cous cous are definitely a bit dull for
Forum: Walking in the UK May 25th 15, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Clinch
Food for camping :-(

On 23/05/2015 14:46, Nick Maclaren wrote:

And cous cous are definitely a bit dull for
eating every day.

On its own, agreed, but with some supplements it becomes much more
interesting easily...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 22nd 15, 03:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter Clinch
Custom boot insole fitting?

On 21/04/2015 21:08, Nick Maclaren wrote:

Boots are, however, rather better at keeping mud, peat, heather,
grass seeds and other such junk from getting inside your footwear.

A fair point. ...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 12th 15, 07:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Peter Clinch
20 years ?

On 11/04/2015 22:19, Chris Gilbert wrote:

Roll call.... ?

I still look in. Walking activity temporarily down due to adoption of
two children, but the younger has the Munro and wild camping bug...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 7th 14, 10:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Clinch
If walkers don't damage paths.................

On 06/11/2014 15:42, Roger Chapman wrote:

Bloody Angus of course is a Scot and may not be familiar with English
law which may be why he seemed clueless in response to Martin
questioning...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 6th 14, 11:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Peter Clinch
cleaning trekky poles

On 05/11/2014 10:04, Nick Maclaren wrote:

And, if I start to lose balance on a hillside or crossing a burn,
I am likely to ram a pole down hard enough to take my weight. Not
a good time to...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 5th 14, 09:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Peter Clinch
cleaning trekky poles

On 04/11/2014 18:32, Nick Maclaren wrote:

Why do you feel that ski poles need to be more heavily engineered
than walking ones?

If I'm touring and one of my poles breaks then that's a...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 4th 14, 02:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Peter Clinch
cleaning trekky poles

On 04/11/2014 11:32, John B wrote:

I'm not keen on the 'springy' doo-dahs and I do like the idea of the cam
lock you mentioned. I'd also be wanting snow baskets which are easy to
fit/remove....
Forum: Walking in the UK November 4th 14, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Peter Clinch
cleaning trekky poles

On 04/11/2014 09:27, John B wrote:

On 02/11/2014 09:22, John B wrote:
Over the years, I've tried different ways to clean trekky poles so that
they don't seize up. None of them has seemed...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 3rd 14, 12:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Peter Clinch
cleaning trekky poles

On 02/11/2014 09:22, John B wrote:
Over the years, I've tried different ways to clean trekky poles so that
they don't seize up. None of them has seemed to stand the test of time
and I wonder...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 13th 14, 04:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Clinch
If walkers don't damage paths.................

On 12/10/2014 10:12, wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 15:56:55 -0700 (PDT), Martin Richardson
wrote:

Cos that's how democracy and society works. We all...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 10th 14, 01:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Peter Clinch
youtube: path works (stone flagging) on Pen-y-ghent

On 09/10/2014 08:59, wrote:

Does that mean walkers damage the footpaths they walk on? Surely not,
as there's no provision for them to pay for the damage.

Does Angus pollute...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 28th 14, 10:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Peter Clinch
youtube: path works (stone flagging) on Pen-y-ghent

On 25/09/2014 15:37, Allan wrote:
It's got some great aerial views of PYG and also some good time-lapse of
the work: required watching!

http://youtu.be/k9GB1F0FnF0

Nice vidjo.

Path work...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 22nd 14, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Clinch
Name those hill tops over there!?

On 21/06/2014 18:33, John Smith wrote:
Would u know if that would b ok with iphone?

I wouldn't, 'cause my 'phone is an Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mountain.identifier...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100