Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham Seed[_2_]
Forum: Walking in the UK June 4th 16, 09:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
The Centurion Way

On 02/06/2016 12:27 PM, Gordon H wrote:
On 01/06/2016 18:38, Graham Seed wrote:
On 01/06/2016 4:55 PM, Gordon H wrote:
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
Forum: Walking in the UK June 1st 16, 06:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
The Centurion Way

On 01/06/2016 4:55 PM, Gordon H wrote:
Be aware that Bob will be 13 years older now, if he's still around.
;-)

Just looked back at 2001 and randomly looked at a Foot and Mouth thread
-...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 23rd 16, 04:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Found: xD card on summit of Beinn Dorain

On 21/05/2016 7:16 PM, wrote:
I found an xD-Picture Card on the summit of Beinn Dorain last week. I would be happy to return it to its owner.

Two people are featured a...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 19th 15, 09:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Seasons greetings

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
Since I look in so rarely these days and so it appears do the rest of you
I would like to...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 3rd 15, 02:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Alport Castles

Went over to Fairholmes and Ladybower on Sunday - what a day. 1st November
and one of the best days of the year. Managed to get my lad over to Alport
Castles on the chance that we might see a...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 1st 15, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 13
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles

"Rod Speed" wrote

Still can't understand that, why don't you get friction from them ?

Not something I understand either, being a single sock man. My gnarly feet
get...
Forum: Walking in the UK July 30th 15, 09:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
20 years ?

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message

Snap. ISTR that Paul Saunders had a photo of Katherine. Is his site still
going?

It is, in fact your on the front...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 10th 15, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Rather OT Pubs

"Broadback" wrote in message
On 09/05/2015 11:53, Gordon H wrote:
On 09/05/2015 10:13, Broadback wrote:
When walking we...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 12th 15, 07:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
20 years ?

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
On 11/04/2015 22:19, Chris Gilbert wrote:

Roll call.... ?

I still look in. Walking...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 12th 15, 07:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
20 years ?

"Chris Gilbert" wrote in message
Are we there yet ? I think so.

Long live u.r.w, irrespective of the...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 12th 15, 08:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Time to pay?

wrote

If you choose to be miserable it's your choice

You should know.

If you choose not to be rescued don't ask to be rescued.
Forum: Walking in the UK March 11th 15, 11:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Time to pay?

wrote

wrote

"Tim Jackson" wrote

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:04:26 +0000, wrote...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 9th 15, 02:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Time to pay?

wrote

"Tim Jackson" wrote

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:04:26 +0000, wrote...

Now that Bristow have taken over SAR...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 1st 15, 12:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Time to pay?

"Tim Jackson" wrote

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:04:26 +0000, wrote...

Now that Bristow have taken over SAR the long time excuse that SAR
provides...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 1st 15, 12:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Padstow to Tiverton

Michel wrote:

I am new to this group, 60+, non uk resident, but I enjoy the british
liquid sunshine.

As part of an end to end walk, Il plan to walk between Padstow and
Tiverton with...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 28th 14, 12:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Xmas

"Roger Chapman" wrote

snip

Up to a few
years ago I would plan walks to take in at least 4000 feet of ascent but
that is now only a pipe dream. 2013 saw me...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 25th 14, 01:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Xmas

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 24/12/2014 19:36, Alan White wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:04:11 +0000, Roger Chapman
Forum: Walking in the UK October 6th 14, 10:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
youtube: path works (stone flagging) on Pen-y-ghent

"Allan" wrote in message
On 05/10/2014 21:34, Graham Seed wrote:

[snip]

There are vehicle tracks all over the place,...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 5th 14, 09:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
youtube: path works (stone flagging) on Pen-y-ghent

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On 04/10/2014 16:30, Graham Seed wrote:

"Phil Cook" ...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 4th 14, 04:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
youtube: path works (stone flagging) on Pen-y-ghent

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On 30/09/2014 21:37, Graham Seed wrote:

"Allan" wrote in...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 30th 14, 09:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
youtube: path works (stone flagging) on Pen-y-ghent

"Allan" wrote in message
It's got some great aerial views of PYG and also some good time-lapse of
the work: required...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 13th 14, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 14
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Paramo Analogy

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
On 12/06/2014 22:49, Nick Maclaren wrote:

Impermeables keep all rain out, indefinitely.

Forum: Walking in the UK January 18th 14, 10:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Coincidences

Ooops, double post. Don't know what happened there.

Forum: Walking in the UK January 17th 14, 08:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By Graham Seed[_2_]
Coincidences

"Martin Richardson" wrote

Your name, Graham, in ink and a long inscription from the person I assume
sent you* the book, which is also signed by the author. A first edition,...