Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
Weight not age

On 2010-10-05, pithydoug wrote:
A piece in today's NY Times say some races are using weight grouping
rather than age to determine prizes. This is across the board not just
Forum: Running October 8th 10, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Elflord
Weight not age

On 2010-10-06, Charlie Pendejo wrote:
Doug:
There are a significant number of people such as this that has
taken what their parents have given them and simply want...
Forum: Running October 8th 10, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Posted By Elflord
Running shoes

On 2010-10-07, Steve Freides wrote:

Anyone care to recommend a running shoe for those of us with wide feet
that meets the "almost barefott" standard? I bought Vibram Five
Forum: Running April 10th 10, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Elflord
2 a days

On 2010-04-10, I2Run wrote:
Dot wrote:
| We all have different ways of training. But I do believe that training
| by duration is the more general approach since it...
Forum: Running April 10th 10, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Elflord
2 a days

On 2010-04-09, I2Run wrote:
Dot wrote:
| But you also have to train for duration of the race which may include
| hills and terrain, unless you're doing a relatively...
Forum: Running April 10th 10, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Elflord
2 a days

On 2010-04-09, John Hurley wrote:
On Apr 6, 11:38*pm, Elflord wrote:

snip

two-a-days are fine, but there are a few problems with the above...
Forum: Running April 10th 10, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Elflord
2 a days

On 2010-04-09, Tony S. wrote:

two-a-days are fine, but there are a few problems with the above
proposal:

(1) you're doing the same thing every training day.
(2)...
Forum: Running April 9th 10, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Elflord
Interval training

On 2010-04-08, Michelle wrote:
I've been following the Hal Higdon Intermediate 5K training plan to prepare
for the Gay Price Race in Phoenix on April 18th. This is...
Forum: Running April 7th 10, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Elflord
2 a days

On 2010-04-06, Patrick wrote:

My immediate goals for trying the 2 a days are getting my overall weekly
mileage up for a marathon training and to burn more calories so I...
Forum: Running April 7th 10, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 34
Posted By Elflord
2 a days

On 2010-04-05, Patrick wrote:
Hi All,

Was wondering about 2 a day runs. I've heard that running twice a day is
a good way to get your weekly mileage up. So if someone...
Forum: Running April 4th 10, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
Can it be the extra 15 lbs?

yes, you're more injury prone when you carry that extra weight. The extra weight
combined with the long layoff mean you have to take some time to build up to your
same training load. Age is another...
Forum: Running April 4th 10, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By Elflord
Help with 10k training

On 2010-04-03, Joker wrote:

Thanks for the info, i guess really im doing about 8 to 10 miles a week over
3 runs at the moment, plus whatever i run on the treadmill at the...
Forum: Running December 28th 09, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Elflord
Quick question

On 2009-12-28, Michelle wrote:
As I mentioned in my response to the weekly summary, I did 20 miles
yesterday about 20 minutes faster than I did it last year.

However,...
Forum: Running November 28th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
race report: Prospect Park Turkey Trot 2009

On 2009-11-27, Charlie Pendejo wrote:
On Sunday I'd typed:

Unfortunately the flu left behind some crappy lung infection
(jogging pneumonia?) in its wake. Easy...
Forum: Running November 23rd 09, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By Elflord
Don't be a douchebag

On 2009-11-22, Anthony wrote:

I will admit to running backwards also - most often to meet a fellow
clubmate and/or family member and help them run in - although I
Forum: Running November 23rd 09, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By Elflord
Don't be a douchebag

On 2009-11-22, aeiouy wrote:
If you're a really fast runner and you finish, stay finished.

I've seen this a couple of times as I'm finishing a race; running along,
Forum: Running November 15th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
A growing distaste for minimalist and barefoot runners

On 2009-11-13, Edward Edmonds wrote:
Don't get me wrong I love the principles, but principles and
practicality can sometimes be on opposite sides of the spectrum,
Forum: Running September 25th 09, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Elflord
Slowness problem

On 2009-09-24, ShowcaseMusicSchool wrote:

I burn the same amount of calories covering the 3 mile distance, so
the slow pace does not
affect my primary goal of weight...
Forum: Running September 12th 09, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
Lack of focus at the Oktoberfest ( race report )

On 2009-09-07, John Hurley wrote:
Well I had 2 pretty decent 5k's lately so I was hoping for one final
good effort this year in a short distance race. Conditions...
Forum: Running September 12th 09, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
Can I become a good cyclist and a good Sprinter at the same time?

Besides the fact that your cycling time expends resources (time, energy) that
could be devoted to sprinting, I don't think it will hurt that much.

If you get to the point where you're *really*...
Forum: Running August 24th 09, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Elflord
Pace goal question

On 2009-08-23, Brew1 wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:02*pm, Michelle wrote:
In article ,

*Elflord ...
Forum: Running August 23rd 09, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Elflord
Pace goal question

For the purpose of pacing yourself during the race itself, it pays to be
conservative.

"Marathon paced" runs are another matter entirely. They are supposed to
serve a "kinder, gentler" tempo runs....
Forum: Running August 9th 09, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
Introduction and Distance Running question

On 2009-08-05, Bernie wrote:

In the meantime, I have a couple of questions. Does anybody in this
group have any experience with distance-running related injuries or in
Forum: Running July 5th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Elflord
I need help with passing fitness exam

Specificity is king. You should prepare for the test by setting up a similar
configuration (doesn't have to be exact, and you can use whatever mix of backpacks
etc works) and doing the same run you...
Forum: Running June 27th 09, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By Elflord
USATF Masters Ranking

On 2009-06-27, bgl wrote:
Why is "masters" 30+ now?

If they're gonna call those kids "masters" they need some other term for the
old-masters!

For the longer...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100