Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim Downie[_2_]
Forum: Running July 19th 08, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
trace blood in urine

DrollTroll wrote:

However, it never hurts to get a kidney profile done. Should get
these done anyway, occasionally.

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions and that applies in...
Forum: Running July 18th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Skaggs crushes Hardrock record to dust

Doug Freese wrote:
"Ken" wrote in message
In article
, Dot
Forum: Running July 16th 08, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Skaggs crushes Hardrock record to dust

Ken wrote:

Depending on level of intimacy, there may be scope for crew pacers to
share accommodation costs but air fares would need to be multiplied.

Crew pacers? Pah! I thought this was a...
Forum: Running July 16th 08, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Skaggs crushes Hardrock record to dust

Dot wrote:
Dot wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how over-subscribed the event is? What
are the odds of getting a place (assuming one passes the...
Forum: Running July 14th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 24
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Skaggs crushes Hardrock record to dust

Dot wrote:
Here's some pics by one of the runners of the first 58 mi (and a link
to later miles). Definitely gives a feeling for the course.
http://mattmahoney.net/2008/hr.html

Thanks for that...
Forum: Running July 4th 08, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 41
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
The difference between running and jogging

Michelle wrote:
In article
,

I think the race walkers go considerably faster than 10 minutes a
mile ( no idea really...
Forum: Running June 25th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
West Highland Race report 2008

Daniel wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 02:20:22 +0100, "Tim Downie"
wrote a truly remarkable race
report (which I read on the blog, with pictures.

Awesome. ...
Forum: Running June 25th 08, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
West Highland Race report 2008

Jim Ley wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:50:04 +0100, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

tfactor wrote:
I admit I don't quite get the appeal of a 23-hour race but...
Forum: Running June 25th 08, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
West Highland Race report 2008

tfactor wrote:
On Jun 23, 9:20 pm, "Tim Downie"
wrote:
I realise that this isn't very good form but I'm knackered and too
tired to sort out my blog...
Forum: Running June 25th 08, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running

Tony S. wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
I realise that this isn't very good form but I'm knackered and too
Forum: Running June 25th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running

Beelzebub wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
I realise that this isn't very good form but I'm knackered and...
Forum: Running June 25th 08, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
West Highland Race report 2008

Charlie Pendejo wrote:
Anthony:
There aren't many people who can claim a
* 4 hour PR*

Then again, "atwell" just knocked double that off his, in a race of
similar length:
Forum: Running June 24th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Race Report: San Juan Solstice 50

rms wrote:
San Juan Solstice 50 Mile Run
http://www.lakecity50.com

Well done on completing yet another ultra! You seem to be doing one
virtually every week. Love the river crossing. I never...
Forum: Running June 24th 08, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
West Highland Race report 2008

rms wrote:
My 2008 West Highland Way Race.

I'll just call you an elite runner from now on! My sister took a
walking vacation along a section on the WHW with her friend for a few
weeks in...
Forum: Running June 24th 08, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.running,uk.rec.running
Replies: 19
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
West Highland Race report 2008

I realise that this isn't very good form but I'm knackered and too tired to
sort out my blog posting for the group. It's pretty much a straight
cut'n'paste job.

If you want to see the photos...
Forum: Running June 19th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 22
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Training Week Ending June 15, 2008

Thanks Dan, Daniel, Dot, Doug & Anthony (who just had to go and spoil the
look of the list) ;-)

Your well wishes are much appreciated. Only one more night's sleep to go
and then it's the big...
Forum: Running June 17th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 22
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Training Week Ending June 15, 2008

Tony S. wrote:
Greetings rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

Now into my last week of tapering before the big race (West Highland Way 95
mile trail race). In fact,...
Forum: Running June 17th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 9
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Race Report: Run the Caldera Marathon

rms wrote:
2008 Run the Caldera Marathon
[snip]
The plan also was to
increase Scap usage to every 20 minutes after the first hour, and
more if any cramping appeared. I'm not a minimalist,...
Forum: Running May 20th 08, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Race Report: Jemez Mountain Trail Runs 50M

rms wrote:

Exactly how much I drank is unclear, but it was quite a bit. 32oz
Clip2 before, along with their Pre-race vitamin packet, and for the first
half I did attempt to empty a 32oz...
Forum: Running May 6th 08, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 10
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Race Report: Big Sur Marathon

D Stumpus wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote

From my point of view, you seem to be accepting every dietary &
hydration fad hook, line and sinker. More and more...
Forum: Running May 1st 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 10
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Race Report: Big Sur Marathon

rms wrote:
Why? Were you that thirsty?

Firstly, please understand my 'jeff galloway' comments were not a
backhanded snipe at your own excellent report.

Don't fret, I was just remarking...
Forum: Running May 1st 08, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 10
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Race Report: Big Sur Marathon

rms wrote:

As we waited, Jeff Galloway, a race vet, expressed misgivings about
the warmth, while warning us not to drink more than 4-6oz at each
waterstop. 'Maybe for the elites', I thought....
Forum: Running April 30th 08, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 43
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Highland Fling Race report

Charlie Pendejo wrote:

It's a question for me too. Your tone seems to imply a suspicion it
is in fact just an artifact of the arbitrary length of a marathon.
My suspicion is that there...
Forum: Running April 29th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 43
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Highland Fling Race report

Charlie Pendejo wrote:
I'm just probing
for opinions on whether there may be something(s) analogous to
"lactate threshold" but in the time domain instead of pace - parts of
the graph which...
Forum: Running April 29th 08, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 43
Posted By Tim Downie[_2_]
Highland Fling Race report

Charlie Pendejo wrote:

I'm not loony enough to even try running 4-5 hours or more, but I
certainly seem to have a 2-2.5 hour limit where *something* happens,
some threshold is exceeded, where...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 91