Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Mason
Forum: Walking in the UK May 17th 14, 09:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Mason
Monkside

Just got back from a series of out and back walks in the Cheviot. Started
with Carter Fell NE Top, then Wool Meath and Girdle Fell and finally
Monkside. So that's three more Deweys and a deleted...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 5th 13, 03:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Mason
Barbed wire fences

I seem to be having to cross more and more fences these days, many of which
are topped with a single strand of barbed wire (and many of these are on
crow land). This is leading to my trousers...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 4th 13, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Mason
Boots

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message ...

On 29/09/2013 16:42, Mike Mason wrote:
I'm in the process of looking for some new boots. It seems I have a
narrow foot...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 1st 13, 09:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Mason
Boots

"robert" wrote in message ...

On 29/09/2013 16:42, Mike Mason wrote:
I'm in the process of looking for some new boots. It seems I have a
narrow foot so was...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 29th 13, 05:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Mason
Boots

I'm in the process of looking for some new boots. It seems I have a narrow
foot so was wondering if there are any makes or particular models that are
built on a narrow last. In winter I use a pair...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 10th 13, 08:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike Mason
Ffestiniogg Slate Quarry

Looking to park in the car park near the summit of the Crimea Pass and then
walk to the summit of Moel Dyrnogydd and follow the ridge over Alt Fawr and
down and up to Craig Nyth-y-Gigfran. That...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 15th 13, 01:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On 14/02/2013 14:55, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:38:26 -0000,...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 13th 13, 11:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On 06/02/2013 07:30, Mike Mason wrote:
"Phil Cook" wrote in...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 6th 13, 08:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On 29/01/2013 21:36, Mike Mason wrote:
"Phil Cook" wrote in...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 30th 13, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:49:58 -0000, "Mike Mason"
wrote:

OK here...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 29th 13, 10:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

wrote in message
I'm not quite sure what you mean, Mike. You say "...I can see which
waypoint it goes to and then the...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 29th 13, 10:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On 28/01/2013 13:40, Mike Mason wrote:

Yes and if I then look at the route on the GPS I...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 28th 13, 02:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:39:15 -0000, "Mike Mason"
wrote:

Yes and...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 27th 13, 11:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

Just loaded a similar route to gps with no problems. 17 waypoints.

Mike

"Mike Mason" wrote in message
All OK. What is...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 27th 13, 11:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

All OK. What is annoyinging is that some routes transfer without a hitch
whilst others, a very few, don't.

Mike

"Phil Cook" wrote in message...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 27th 13, 03:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

Yes and yes

Mike

wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:22:09 -0000, "Mike Mason"
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 13, 08:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

Using Oziexplorer
19 waypoints in a circular route
Garmin support a waste of space.

Mike

"Craig Wallace" wrote in message...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 13, 08:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

Using Oziexplorer
19 waypoints in a circular route
Garmin support a waste of space.

Mike

"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 23rd 13, 09:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Mike Mason
Garmin 60csx

Have just started to get route truncated when downloading routes to my
60csx. Anybody else have this problem and if so how did you resolve it (if
indeed you did resolve it).

Mike
Forum: Walking in the UK October 20th 12, 02:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Mason
Puzzled

"Bob Douglas" wrote in message
"Mike Mason" wrote in message
Forum: Walking in the UK October 18th 12, 10:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Mason
Puzzled

Went for a walk in Central Wales today. Ticked off Pegwyn Mawr, Brondre-fawr
Hill and Crugyn Llwyd.

Did a more or less direct route from Brondre-fawr Hill to Crugyn Llwyd so
down into a valley...
Forum: Walking in the UK July 11th 12, 10:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike Mason
Mike Mason

I use this model of GPS purely for mountaineering. On my lasst walk across
the bogland that is now Wales I manged to loose the weather cap for the usb
port and the external aerial.

I've talked to...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 12th 12, 11:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Mason
Sign

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , artleknock
Forum: Walking in the UK May 11th 12, 09:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Mason
Sign

Just finished picking off Deweys near Corris in North Wales. Saw a sign on a
gate post, which I haven't seen before. It was a green walking man with what
looked like a red heart on top of him....
Forum: Walking in the UK April 6th 12, 06:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Mason
What would you have done

Went down into North Wales yesterday to 'tick' Moel Cae-Howel and
Rhiwaedog-uwch. Probabley not a good choice of hills. A foot of snow over
Berwyn Heather equals knee to waist deep ploughing.

And...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100