Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roger Chapman[_3_]
Forum: Walking in the UK January 2nd 18, 12:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Its that time of year again

On 02/01/2018 11:18, Graham Seed wrote:
Another Christmas over! 'See' you next year...........

Graham

I will look forward to it.

Happy new year to all (3?) who are still lurking.

--
Forum: Walking in the UK December 21st 17, 04:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 13

On 20/12/2017 19:21, wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 December 2017 17:52:15 UTC, Roger Chapman wrote:
Hello, is there anyone still here or should I turn out the lights?

I...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 20th 17, 11:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Its that time of year again

On 16/12/2017 10:59, kevin wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 December 2017 17:52:15 UTC, Roger Chapman wrote:
Hello, is there anyone still here or should I turn out the lights?

I thought I would...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 13th 17, 06:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Its that time of year again

Hello, is there anyone still here or should I turn out the lights?

I thought I would start the ball rolling by wishing all my friends and
acquaintances from the glory days of ukrw a merry Yuletide...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 18th 17, 10:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Bye
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Bye

On 06/03/2017 19:52, Graham Seed wrote:
On 05/03/2017 6:01 PM, Peter Clinch wrote:
On 05/03/2017 07:54, Phil Cook wrote:
Looks round one last time thinking happy thoughts of friends well...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 25th 16, 09:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Merry Christmas

On 23/12/2016 21:30, Graham Seed wrote:
If nobody answers this then I'll turn off the lights. I see there have
been various recent bits of spam and an attempted troll by Angus, but
very little...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 11th 15, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Seasons greetings

Since I look in so rarely these days and so it appears do the rest of
you I would like to take this early opportunity to wish all my friends
on urw an enjoyable yuletide and a prosperous new...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 20th 15, 05:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 23
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Rough formula for walk 'difficulty'

On 18/10/2015 09:55, PeterC wrote:

In the '70s a mate and I used Naismith at 3mph+1h/2000ft but, as we got
quite fit, started to reckon on 3mph and ignore ascent and stops.
Nowadays...! I can...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 20th 15, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Using GPS instead of maps

On 21/10/2015 07:57, Terry Pinnell wrote:

I've been using a GPS device of one sort or another for many years.
Currently use OS 1:25k with Memory-Map on my desktop and smartphone
and wouldn't...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 11th 15, 07:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
On my last legs or what?

I have not been in the best of health over the last two years and for a
time I was on medication that destroyed any urge to do just about
anything that involved physical exertion. Having been...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 1st 15, 01:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Replies: 13
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles

On 01/08/2015 09:03, Graham Seed wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote

Still can't understand that, why don't you get friction from them ?

Not something I understand...
Forum: Walking in the UK July 31st 15, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
20 years ?

On 30/07/2015 21:20, Graham Seed wrote:

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message

Snap. ISTR that Paul Saunders had a photo of Katherine. Is his site
still going?

Forum: Walking in the UK July 30th 15, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 27
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
20 years ?

On 28/07/2015 23:29, Gordon H wrote:
On 28/07/2015 19:56, Katherine wrote:
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 11:27:21 AM UTC-7, Graham Seed wrote:
"Chris Gilbert" wrote...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 29th 14, 05:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Xmas

On 28/12/2014 12:45, Graham Seed wrote:

"Roger Chapman" wrote

snip

Up to a few
years ago I would plan walks to take in at least 4000 feet of ascent
Forum: Walking in the UK December 27th 14, 01:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Xmas

On 26/12/2014 21:53, Ted Ferenc wrote:

snip

Thanks, guys, and keep walking!

If only!

Don't give up!
Forum: Walking in the UK December 25th 14, 11:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Xmas

On 25/12/2014 09:33, Alan White wrote:
As with Snowdon, this will be my last post to urw. Looking back to 1997,
I've irritated (sorry Gordon), been irritated, been amused, humbled at
the...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 25th 14, 09:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Xmas

On 25/12/2014 00:50, Gordon H wrote:

Must admit it was a bit of a shock seeing a new post here.
;-)

I am not sure whether I should be glad that it was just lack of traffic
that made me think...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 24th 14, 09:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Xmas

On 24/12/2014 19:36, Alan White wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:04:11 +0000, Roger Chapman
wrote:

Season's greeting to all who still read this news group.

I...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 24th 14, 06:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
Xmas

Season's greeting to all who still read this news group.

I don't think I am getting any news from this ng from my new news
provider so I am sending this message on spec.

So if this gets through it...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 8th 14, 09:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
BT Usenet access

On 07/11/2014 19:52, John B wrote:
Sorry to hear that. To set it up in T'bird I did the following

Tools Account Settings News Server Settings
in the Server Name just put nntp.aioe.org
Forum: Walking in the UK November 8th 14, 09:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
BT Usenet access

On 08/11/2014 16:57, Gordon H wrote:

That walk along the Ribble seems half a lifetime ago. Was it really that
long ago?

I'll try to remember...

Snap

Never forget waiting for what...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 7th 14, 06:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 15
Posted By Roger Chapman[_3_]
BT Usenet access

On 06/11/2014 16:33, Roger Chapman wrote:

On 06/11/2014 15:30, John B wrote:
I chose the one that was mentioned at http://www.aioe.org/

It was a snap to set up and, although there are...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22