Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bj
Forum: Running December 24th 10, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 10
Posted By bj
2011 running goals.

I just hope to be able to run. At all.

With a bad knee (working on that, got through most of this year ok as long
as I was good about all those pt-prescribed exercises), a persistent bug for
the...
Forum: Running November 10th 10, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
WTF
Posted By bj
WTF

"pithydoug" wrote in message
On Nov 5, 4:01 pm, Michelle wrote:
WAKEFIELD,...
Forum: Running October 20th 10, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 13
Posted By bj
Direct/Help races

"John Hurley" wrote in message
Ken:

# Do you not have a club you do it through? the way it...
Forum: Running August 30th 10, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By bj
My Nephew

BTDT on two RC repairs, though mine were three years apart & I was older to
start with.

Good luck to him on the rehab (again) & I hope he gets on well with his
therapist!
bj

"Michelle"...
Forum: Running July 7th 10, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By bj
Newbie Questions - Beginner Schedule / Muscle Soreness

"Bobby" wrote in message
On 07/07/2010 11:50, pithydoug wrote:

DOMS I know what is a TTT operation? In any...
Forum: Running July 5th 10, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By bj
Newbie Questions - Beginner Schedule / Muscle Soreness

What exercises are you doing *besides* the running to strengthen the
structure?

I don't know what DOMS stands for, but I do know that with my bad knee I
have to do a lot of off-road targeted (rx...
Forum: Running July 5th 10, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By bj
Why does it take so long for legs to learn to run first 5 kms but next 5 kms is easier?

"Charlie Pendejo" wrote in message
Paul Rudin:
Rules of thumb are a guide. You have to...
Forum: Running March 12th 10, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 17
Posted By bj
My first ever race and race report

"Bart Mathias" wrote in message
Michelle wrote:
In article ,
Bart Mathias...
Forum: Running March 6th 10, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 14
Posted By bj
where do you buy shoes?

"John Hurley" wrote in message
On Mar 5, 9:09 pm, "bj" wrote:

Forum: Running March 6th 10, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 14
Posted By bj
where do you buy shoes?

"Michelle" wrote in message

do you buy your shoes from your local store?

Almost always. They know how to...
Forum: Running March 4th 10, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By bj
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

wrote in message
"rick++" wrote:

NO!
Walking too fast is rarely an issue. No fancy gizmos...
Forum: Running March 2nd 10, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By bj
To Race or Not to Race, That is the Question!

YW.
Just remember why you're doing it & if you don't get any satisfaction
(define however you want) from the experience you don't have to go back. :-)
bj

"dood" wrote in message...
Forum: Running February 28th 10, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 13
Posted By bj
skier runner

If you don't like top-posting just skip those posts! like this one.
They're certainly no worse than the bottom-of-long-quotes one-line
And very much no worse than the idiots &...
Forum: Running February 28th 10, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By bj
To Race or Not to Race, That is the Question!

"dood" wrote in message
On Feb 26, 9:37 pm, "bj" wrote:
"pithydoug"...
Forum: Running February 27th 10, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By bj
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

wrote in message
I guess I'm wandering the minimum amount and TYPE of
exercise needed to be fit ... and how to do it.....
Forum: Running February 27th 10, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By bj
To Race or Not to Race, That is the Question!

"pithydoug" wrote in message

What I tell people that
worry about being at the back of the pack...
Forum: Running February 25th 10, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 21
Posted By bj
Is walking a waste of time as far as exercise?

In article ,
wrote:

I'm not sure my walking program is giving me the bennies/per time....
that it could doing something...
Forum: Running February 17th 10, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By bj
Arm sling/support

"hanks2000" wrote in message
On 16 Feb, 22:01, Kevin wrote:
On...
Forum: Running February 16th 10, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By bj
Arm sling/support

"hanks2000" wrote in message
That sounds exactly like what i'm looking for, when i first had...
Forum: Running February 16th 10, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By bj
Arm sling/support

They put mine on while I was in the hospital post-op unconscious.
Do you know any orthopedists who could help you?
Someone who works in a hospital?
Rehab center? try your old therapy clinic?
Or even...
Forum: Running February 16th 10, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By bj
Arm sling/support

I don't know if this would work for running, but I had my arm strapped tight
for a few days after my rotator cuff surgery. There may have been a sling
for general positioning, but I know there was...
Forum: Running February 13th 10, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By bj
running intervals to music

"JamesBrannan" wrote in message
I've spammed the forum before with my product

Well, at least...
Forum: Running February 8th 10, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 26
Posted By bj
STUDY: Exercise Is Not Heart Healthy For Many

All the legitimate research studies I've seen say that lifestyle factors
*may* reduce the *risk* of T2 diabetes. Nobody reputable can or should give
any "do this & you're guaranteed" pronouncements....
Forum: Running January 28th 10, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By bj
The Dreadmill

"sam" wrote in message

I've had some good luck listening to audio books and
podcasts while running. The podcast Hang...
Forum: Running January 15th 10, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 6
Posted By bj
how do you clean your shoes?

"sam" wrote in message