Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Forum: Weights February 29th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.martial-arts,misc.fitness.weights,alt.martial-arts.karate,rec.running,alt.yoga
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
stretching - a waste of time?

On Feb 26, 6:38 pm, Sam the Bam wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/health/26real.html?_r=1&ref=science...

Sam

Obviously, not for the martial arts.

But I like it...
Forum: Running February 29th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.martial-arts,misc.fitness.weights,alt.martial-arts.karate,rec.running,alt.yoga
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
stretching - a waste of time?

On Feb 26, 6:38 pm, Sam the Bam wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/health/26real.html?_r=1&ref=science...

Sam

Obviously, not for the martial arts.

But I like it...
Forum: Weights February 29th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Check your Weight if you would be on other planets

On Feb 29, 1:39 pm, EngineeringNation wrote:
http://www.calculatoredge.com/new/weight%20calc.htm

Tom

That's always so cute.

I wonder what weight-lifting would be like on...
Forum: Weights February 29th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,alt.teens.advice
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
routines for a young lifter

On Feb 27, 3:59 pm, Hobbes wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
i'd be very careful as...
Forum: Weights February 29th 08, 07:08 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Some advice for getting back into the game

It's good that you've decided to "get serious" about working out, but
I don't think you need to do things like fat-burners and whatnot. I'm
not aware that any of them "work" -- they all feel...
Forum: Running February 29th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,alt.journalism
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
NYT on weight training

On Feb 28, 10:44 am, Joe Humble wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/38nsqf

This article is written as though there is no research on the subject.
A lot of anecdotal reports and little...
Forum: Triathalon February 29th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,rec.sport.triathlon,alt.journalism
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
NYT on weight training

On Feb 28, 10:44 am, Joe Humble wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/38nsqf

This article is written as though there is no research on the subject.
A lot of anecdotal reports and little...
Forum: Weights February 25th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
wimp needs bigger chest

On Feb 25, 3:47 pm, "Homer Simpson"
wrote:

First lets cut this "old guy" stuff out :) Being 52 myself I consider him in
his prime. Second he should still see...
Forum: Aerobic February 25th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,alt.support.diet
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Does weight lifting or cardio exercises speed weight loss?

On Feb 23, 12:38 am, Denise Howard wrote:

Exercise (cardio and strength) and diet together are the way. By
"diet" I don't mean that awful four-letter word that stands...
Forum: Weights February 25th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,alt.support.diet
Replies: 78
Posted By [email protected]
Does weight lifting or cardio exercises speed weight loss?

On Feb 23, 12:38 am, Denise Howard wrote:

Exercise (cardio and strength) and diet together are the way. By
"diet" I don't mean that awful four-letter word that stands...
Forum: Running February 25th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,alt.support.diet
Replies: 75
Posted By [email protected]
Does weight lifting or cardio exercises speed weight loss?

On Feb 23, 12:38 am, Denise Howard wrote:

Exercise (cardio and strength) and diet together are the way. By
"diet" I don't mean that awful four-letter word that stands...
Forum: Aerobic February 25th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,alt.support.diet
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
Does weight lifting or cardio exercises speed weight loss?

On Feb 25, 3:14 pm, "Homer Simpson"
wrote:

I was trying to repeat what the article had said. By "through the roof" I
meant maxed out. He hit maximum heart rate...
Forum: Weights February 25th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,alt.support.diet

wrote:

I was trying to repeat what the article had said. By "through the roof" I
meant maxed out. He hit maximum heart rate...
Forum: Running February 25th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,misc.fitness.aerobic,alt.support.diet

wrote:

I was trying to repeat what the article had said. By "through the roof" I
meant maxed out. He hit maximum heart rate...
Forum: Weights February 22nd 08, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,sci.med.nutrition,rec.running,misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 135
Posted By [email protected]
Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian??

On Feb 22, 3:22 pm, Charlie Pendejo wrote:

I see some merit in this view based on empathy, but if there's no
distinction made between an animal whose entire life...
Forum: Running February 22nd 08, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,sci.med.nutrition,rec.running,misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 135
Posted By [email protected]
Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian??

On Feb 22, 3:22 pm, Charlie Pendejo wrote:

I see some merit in this view based on empathy, but if there's no
distinction made between an animal whose entire life...
Forum: Weights February 22nd 08, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,sci.med.nutrition,rec.running,misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 135
Posted By [email protected]
Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian??

On Feb 22, 12:10 pm, Rudy Canoza wrote:

No confusion, but once again, the onus is on "vegans"
and other believers in animal "rights" to explain how
something...
Forum: Running February 22nd 08, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,sci.med.nutrition,rec.running,misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 135
Posted By [email protected]
Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian??

On Feb 22, 12:10 pm, Rudy Canoza wrote:

No confusion, but once again, the onus is on "vegans"
and other believers in animal "rights" to explain how
something...
Forum: Weights February 13th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights, rec.running
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Toning Athletic Legs

On Feb 12, 12:22 am, "Stromata" wrote:

Amputation below the pelvis is always an option for "thinner"!

I should have noted that most of my fat is carried on my thighs, which
helps...
Forum: Running February 13th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights, rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Toning Athletic Legs

On Feb 12, 12:22 am, "Stromata" wrote:

Amputation below the pelvis is always an option for "thinner"!

I should have noted that most of my fat is carried on my thighs, which
helps...
Forum: Weights February 13th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights, sci.med.nutrition
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
gaining weight, trying to get more calories

On Feb 12, 12:56 pm, Jake wrote:

interesting ideas. flaxseed oil I have heard of, I might get a bottle
of that.

Or fish oil capsules, which you can just swallow...
Forum: Weights February 13th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Natural Physiques versus Steroid-Addled Ones

On Feb 12, 12:43 pm, wrote:

No track marks?

Well, I really wouldn't know what they look like. I mean, they gotta
inject directly into the muscle, right? I dunno. ...
Forum: Weights February 13th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights, sci.med.nutrition, rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Build Muscle and Stay Hydrated!

On Feb 12, 6:25 pm, (Seth) wrote:

Water. Nothing is better for avoiding dehydration than lukewarm
water.

Seth
--
Don't ever masturbate after getting capsaicin on your...
Forum: Running February 13th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights, sci.med.nutrition, rec.running

On Feb 12, 6:25 pm, (Seth) wrote:

Water. Nothing is better for avoiding dehydration than lukewarm
water.

Seth
--
Don't ever masturbate after getting capsaicin on your...
Forum: Weights February 13th 08, 04:15 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights, alt.support.diet, alt.support.diet.low-carb,sci.med.nutrition, rec.running
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
How To Dress 10 Pounds Thinner

On Feb 11, 8:30 pm, lancymoor102
wrote:
Hi all, I am 24 years old and 174 pounds in weight. I want to loose at
least 30 pounds. So I am looking for a good...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100