Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jason Earl[_2_]
Forum: Weights September 18th 12, 02:06 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 4
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 16 September 2012

After the week off the week before this last week was supposed to be the
7 sets of 5 week. However, everyone in my family, but me, got the flu,
and I had a 5K that I ran on Saturday so I just got in...
Forum: Running September 5th 12, 12:03 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Stair sprinting, climbing

On Mon, Sep 03 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

OK, more stats on stairs. I'll try to keep it numerically simpler,
less cluttered. If anyone wants the details on the spreadsheet calc,
holler,...
Forum: Weights September 4th 12, 11:56 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

On Fri, Aug 31 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:

The advantage of multiple small meals is that it works without having
to learn to be as hungry. That's a pretty big advantage...
Forum: Weights September 4th 12, 08:56 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

On Thu, Aug 30 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

The EA Diet.... sounds good to me!

First, SFM is not really "timing", which implies all this time of day
bull****, combination bull****,...
Forum: Weights August 30th 12, 09:25 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

On Tue, Aug 28 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

"Jason Earl" wrote in message

[...]

I am not saying that you are trying to trick me. I am just not
willing to rule...
Forum: Weights August 30th 12, 08:48 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

On Tue, Aug 28 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

[...]

IMHO, Jason, this may be a sign of overtraining - you stop your regular
exercise and, all of a sudden, your body responds the way you've been
Forum: Weights August 30th 12, 08:45 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

On Tue, Aug 28 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

"Jason Earl" wrote in message

I apologize in advance if I am eliding too much. I am short on time,
but still want to...
Forum: Weights August 28th 12, 11:08 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

On Tue, Aug 28 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

"Jason Earl" wrote in message

[...]

I've tried all sorts of different eating strategies, and am skeptical
about any...
Forum: Weights August 28th 12, 10:14 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Mon, Aug 27 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:
On Mon, Aug 27 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:
I was unable to get in a dead lift workout this week. Our...
Forum: Weights August 28th 12, 12:31 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

On Mon, Aug 27 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:
I was unable to get in a dead lift workout this week. Our house
flooded a week ago, and putting it back together while preparing...
Forum: Weights August 28th 12, 12:04 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights

On Mon, Aug 27 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

"Jason Earl" wrote in message

I was unable to get in a dead lift workout...
Forum: Weights August 27th 12, 08:55 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 24
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 26 August 2012

I was unable to get in a dead lift workout this week. Our house flooded
a week ago, and putting it back together while preparing to go out of
town for a family reunion proved too potent a...
Forum: Weights August 25th 12, 03:59 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 8
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Moynihan on jogging

On Sat, Aug 25 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
On Wed, Aug 22 2012, Existential Angst...
Forum: Weights August 23rd 12, 09:44 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 8
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Moynihan on jogging

On Wed, Aug 22 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

Unfortunately, he's in his (Rx-med induced) KB's-are-great mode,
hasn't figgered out yet that db's are far better. He'll come around
when he...
Forum: Weights August 21st 12, 12:06 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 3
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 19 Aug 2012

On Mon, Aug 20 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

My comments, in no particular order:

I appreciate the comments. It hadn't actually occurred to me that I was
over training. It felt like a pretty fun...
Forum: Weights August 20th 12, 08:48 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,sci.med,sci.med.pharmacy
Replies: 1
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
big without steroids?

On Mon, Aug 20 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

RichD wrote:
NFL players today are about 30 lb. heavier than 15 years ago.
(linemen, anyway) In 2000, we could easily attribute that to steroid
Forum: Weights August 20th 12, 07:05 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 3
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 19 Aug 2012

It has been over a year since I have lifted weights seriously, and I had
trouble finding the right weights to use. Well, that and the front
squats crippled me for the rest of the week. I canceled...
Forum: Weights July 28th 12, 03:44 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 1
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 8 July 2012

On Fri, Jul 27 2012, Jim Janney wrote:

[...]

Onward and upward.

Congratulations on the lifts.

Yes, I am not sure how I missed this. Congratulations.
Forum: Weights April 13th 12, 07:45 AM Posted to misc.fitness.misc,misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 7
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
spin cycle?

On Wed, Apr 11 2012, RichD wrote:

On Apr 10, "ATP" wrote:
What is *a spin cycle class? *I see notices for this at my gym,
with no explanations.

Forum: Weights March 19th 12, 11:52 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 20
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Slow

On Sun, Mar 18 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:

Heck, I would highly recommend the last two running-related books
that I have read. Jack Daniel's /Running Formula/ made me
Forum: Weights March 19th 12, 09:59 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 20
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Slow

On Sun, Mar 18 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
On Fri, Mar 16 2012, Existential Angst...
Forum: Weights March 18th 12, 05:46 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 20
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Slow (was: Training Week Ending 11 March 2012)

On Fri, Mar 16 2012, Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

Dude, being slow in running is fine. The important thing is to do it.
If you're able, 3 miles is proly better than 2, but ultimately it's
Forum: Weights March 17th 12, 06:17 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 20
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 11 March 2012

On Fri, Mar 16 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:

Here's something to try - it's been marvelous for me. Unless you're
specifically doing speed work, do all your running while...
Forum: Weights March 16th 12, 11:30 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 20
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 11 March 2012

On Thu, Mar 15 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:

On the bright side I now run more comfortably, but I would settle for
a bit of hip pain if I actually made some progress.

Forum: Weights March 15th 12, 11:17 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 20
Posted By Jason Earl[_2_]
Training Week Ending 11 March 2012

On Wed, Mar 14 2012, Steve Freides wrote:

Jason Earl wrote:

For the last 12 weeks I followed the beginner (white) workouts in the
book /Running Formula/ by Jack Daniels. I cut the test a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100