Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: George
Forum: Walking in the UK March 11th 13, 12:42 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 9
Posted By George
Brig o’ Turk and Loch Venachar

MP wrote:
On 09/03/2013 00:30, George wrote:
Yes. Car park is for nice wee pub and the route you describe is public
access. I have often cycled the opposite way from Wheels...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 9th 13, 01:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 9
Posted By George
Brig o’ Turk and Loch Venachar

MP wrote:
Will be visiting Callander in a few weeks time and looking for some help
on a walking route from Brig o’ Turk and along the south shore of Loch
Venachar to...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 20th 11, 12:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 10
Posted By George
collector of beer glasses

PeterC wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:22:22 +0100, prb wrote:

In article 1867251606335228911.543730noreply-cartland-
,...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 20th 11, 12:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 10
Posted By George
collector of beer glasses

George wrote:
Anyone know if there is a single term/word for someone who collects beer
glasses?

Sorry supposed to go to another newsgroup.

--
George from...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 17th 11, 01:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking

Anyone know if there is a single term/word for someone who collects beer
glasses?

--
George from Cartland
Forum: Walking in the UK January 7th 11, 10:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:14:03 +0000 (UTC), George

Seems I'm not alone about thinking...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 7th 11, 12:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 6
Posted By George
Seems I'm not alone about charges

wrote:
Seems I'm not alone about thinking charges are coming for SAR.

http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2010/02/09/goodbye-to-sea-kings-as-rescue-helicopters-go-private
Forum: Walking in the UK December 23rd 10, 01:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By George
Time to pay?

Just watched Julia B in German Wanderlust. The infrastructure in place for
walkers appears to be, as might be expected from the Germans, highly
organised. I didn't see any sign that walkers there are...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 6th 10, 09:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 561
Posted By George
Suggestions for a charging framework

Pedt "\"@ wrote:
In message

, at 23:18:44 on Sun, 5 Dec 2010, George
Forum: Walking in the UK December 6th 10, 12:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 561
Posted By George
Suggestions for a charging framework

Re using extant databases. What would the data protection agency think
of using a database prepared for one use in a different context?

--
George from Cartland
Forum: Walking in the UK December 4th 10, 12:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking

Am I the only one who feels that this thread is off-charter in a walking
group?

--
George from Cartland
Forum: Walking in the UK March 10th 10, 05:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

On 09/03/2010 21:03, Steve Ray wrote:
Guys

....what, you're not including the laydees?

I don't post much here these days, just tend to read the posts, but had a
thought whilst Geoff, Dawn...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 10th 10, 05:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By George
DofE - litter??

On 10/03/2010 01:43, Allan wrote:
(Since the attachment scan wouldn't make it into the posting as an
attachment, I've put the scan at:
Forum: Walking in the UK February 8th 10, 12:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By George
[OT] Migies - Where in Scotland?

On 06/02/2010 14:27, Chris Gilbert wrote:
Steve wrote

Considering a week in scotland in June this year, can anyone advise on a
part of scotland where there are no migies or less migies in...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 18th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By George
OS Data to be free.

PeterC wrote:
From BBC - we'll have to wait to see if it'll be usefull:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/technology/8366190.stm

....How will that affect the cost of such things as Anquet...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 24th 09, 12:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By George
Paths - on map and ground

Simon Challands wrote:
In message
George wrote:

The accuracy (or lack) of paths shown on OS maps has been discussed...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 24th 09, 12:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By George
Paths - on map and ground

Nicholas Wilson wrote:

Remember that although GPS accuracy may be very good, the track log does
not record every 1 second fix.

I set mine to every 30 seconds.

...low speed meandering...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 17th 09, 03:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By George
Paths - on map and ground

Tim Jackson wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:08:19 +0100, George wrote...
Walkers might be encouraged to upload track logs of specific
routes to the OS. After removing obvious inaccurate logs,...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 17th 09, 02:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By George
Paths - on map and ground

The accuracy (or lack) of paths shown on OS maps has been discussed in
this forum before.

I have just spent the last week in the Lake District with my trusty
Etrex H. Like others, I use it...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 22nd 09, 09:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 8
Posted By George
TR: North East Isle of Arran 4-day backpack

Fellwalker wrote:
Following up to GeoffC

Most of the Coastal Way is close to a road by necessity, but that NE
section from Lochranza to Sannox is the exception: the main road goes
far...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 19th 09, 03:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 20
Posted By George
Virtual Helvellyn

Simon Challands wrote:
In message
"Jhimmy" wrote:
The Patterdale Hotel car park isn't a public
one but owned by the...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 17th 09, 07:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 20
Posted By George
Virtual Helvellyn

Phil Cook wrote:

Queuing to get over Striding Edge. Paying a fortune to park in
Patterdale, best pay a visit to a hole in the wall first. ;-)

....just back from a 1-day visit to the Lakes. due...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 10th 09, 11:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 28
Posted By George
Wainwright Walks: Coast to Coast

Gordon H wrote:

There were clips of Wainwright and that bearded bloke who accompanied
him on some TV walks, interjected briefly during the half hour.

....it would actually be very interesting...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 30th 09, 08:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By George
Striding Edge - delays because of a new path!

Jhimmy wrote:

http://www.grough.co.uk/view/2009/03/28/path-repairs-planned-for-helvell
yn-route/

It'll be interesting to know what they're going to do...I think a
Forum: Walking in the UK March 30th 09, 08:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 18
Posted By George
GPS Trip time stopped

Hbunnet wrote:
My Garmin 60CS no longer records "stopped" time.

How accurate are GPS units that "distinguish" between moving and stopped
time? I have the yellow eTrex and have noticed that it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81