Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jhimmy
Forum: Walking in the UK July 6th 11, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 19
Posted By Jhimmy
Go Outdoors stores

They used to have a slightly bigger one just round the corner. I don't
know where their "big" London Store is any more. The biggest and best
store I have been in is Tiso's in Glasgae, which...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 25th 11, 02:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 28
Posted By Jhimmy
And talking about managed footpaths....

....here's how they do it in China.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8589430/Workers-build-a-footpath-around-the-vertiginous-slopes-of-Shifou-Mountain-in-China.html

I...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 14th 11, 09:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 17
Posted By Jhimmy
1000 down and 550ish to go

I've been meaning to visit either Dartmoor or Exmoor for a while. How
about a long weekend over the last weekend in July? Could many people
make that?

Judith

I would love to, but, I'd...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 7th 11, 12:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By Jhimmy
URW Expedition 2011

I can't do the weekend of 16th/17th July. Does anyone else have any
definite yes or no weekends?

By the way, there is a flavour of my TGO Challenge walk from Torridon
to Portlethen on...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 6th 11, 03:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 18
Posted By Jhimmy
Next Higher mountain after Ben Nevis?

"Jhimmy" wrote in message
Just been asked a question, where's the next higher mountain after Ben
Nevis in any direction? I...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 6th 11, 11:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 18
Posted By Jhimmy
Next Higher mountain after Ben Nevis?

Just been asked a question, where's the next higher mountain after Ben Nevis
in any direction? I suspect it might be in Norway. If possible it would also
be nice to know the the North, south, east...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 3rd 11, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 21
Posted By Jhimmy
What was it called

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 03/06/2011 09:23, David wrote:
"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
Forum: Walking in the UK May 21st 11, 09:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 6
Posted By Jhimmy
OTish. Think thin.

What/where is Arent How?

Did you mean Arant Haw (605m) and what list does that appear on?

--
Roger Chapman
Nearest Marilyn still to be visited - Walton Hill.

"Jake" wrote in message
Have some Gore-Tex boots that are starting to get a bit whiffy, don't mind
myself, but it's...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 20th 11, 09:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 6
Posted By Jhimmy
OTish. Think thin.

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
Today being my birthday I decided on some easy walking in the Howgills.

snip

Happy...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 11th 11, 01:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 20
Posted By Jhimmy
Tubular Fells (Lakes)

"Allan" wrote in message
Just stumbled across this
http://www.tubularfells.com/
I'm inspired!

Allan

Yeah, I saw it on the...
Forum: Walking in the UK May 10th 11, 11:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 8
Posted By Jhimmy
URW Expedition 2011

I've not seen Paul on here for ages. This could be our chance to
break free and NOT go to Wales. I quite fancy somewhere
Northumberland-ish, mainly because I have not walked there. ...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 15th 11, 03:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Jhimmy
Midge season coming up - what fequency to detract them?

Well I experimented with frequencies from 15khz to 20khz on my neighbours
dog....I think it may be deaf as well as daft. It did, however, react to
me saying "sweeties".

....well, if you...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 14th 11, 09:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By Jhimmy
Royal wedding plans

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 14/04/2011 00:43, Martin Richardson wrote:

So, have we all got a walk planned...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 14th 11, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Jhimmy
Midge season coming up - what fequency to detract them?

"Chris Gilbert" wrote in message
Jhimmy wrote

Anyone know (I've done a quick google but found nowt) what...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 13th 11, 04:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Jhimmy
Midge season coming up - what fequency to detract them?

Anyone know (I've done a quick google but found nowt) what ultrasound
frequency detracts the midge in bonny Scotland?

Just found a nice Mosquito deterent on my phone and wondered if it'll work...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 1st 11, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 6
Posted By Jhimmy
Info on new jacket?

"Gordon" wrote in message
I bought a Sprayway Kinetic Jacket on a whim yesterday for a VERY knockdown
price - but I can't find...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 18th 11, 04:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 24
Posted By Jhimmy
MemoryMap

"Mike Clark" wrote in message
snip
However better still would be to buy a decent machine with plenty of RAM
and...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 10th 11, 03:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By Jhimmy
Slate Mine Owner in Helicopter Crash

"Mike Clark" wrote in message
I see that the BBC are reporting that Mark Weir, owner of the Honister
Slate mine has...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 8th 11, 11:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Jhimmy
Census form and hill bagging

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 07/03/2011 23:10, Martin Richardson wrote:

Do you think I could put...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 5th 11, 03:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 19
Posted By Jhimmy
Which Wainwright guide?

I've not read any of those books but I did watch some of the Wainwright
tv series and he clearly said in that series that he ventured to the
summits of very few Scottish mountains. I think it...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 6th 11, 02:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Jhimmy
Android phones and walking

"Andy" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:53:11 -0000, "Jhimmy"
wrote:

Anyone know of...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 5th 11, 08:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 49
Posted By Jhimmy
new Garmin - initial thoughts...

I also wanted to find out how to import other mapping - for example, from
OpenStreetMap - but I can find no information about that either. I've
heard of Mapsource - although I'm not too...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 5th 11, 07:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Jhimmy
Android phones and walking

"Andy" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 01:16:56 -0800 (PST), Alan Taylor
wrote:

I have a...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 5th 11, 12:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Jhimmy
Android phones and walking

"Jhimmy" wrote in message
I need to update my pre-historic mobile as it's becoming a bit troublesome
in it's old age. So,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100