Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim Downie[_5_]
Forum: Running July 2nd 12, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 15
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
4 hours to go...

Anthony wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message

Great read Tim! Thanks for posting.

I wonder how much...
Forum: Running June 18th 12, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
High heart rate even at very slow pace.

wrote:
On Monday, June 18, 2012 4:11:14 AM UTC-7, pithydoug wrote:

It's discouraging to be so out of breath when running at such a
slow pace.

Do I just...
Forum: Running May 26th 12, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Training week ending May 20 2012

John Hurley wrote:
Tim:

# I've cracked ribs often enough to know the sound and the feel of a
fracture.

Do tell ... "often enough?" ... yeah lets here some details ...

Not a lot to tell...
Forum: Running May 26th 12, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
update

Bill Proms wrote:
The hurting legs is what drove me away too earlier in the year. That, and
some sort of strange chill that would happen AFTER the ride
when I was already home for half an...
Forum: Running May 22nd 12, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Training week ending May 20 2012

Tony S wrote:
Way to go Tim. I've heard about guys like you that just run an ultra
almost every weekend and don't run in between. Well, ok maybe that's
an exception for you, but you can do...
Forum: Running May 22nd 12, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Training week ending May 20 2012

John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

An easy week this week.

Mon DNR

Tue DNR
Forum: Running May 16th 12, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Training week ending May 13 2012

pithydoug wrote:

Good luck next week...

Thanks.

At this rate you can come to NY(USA) and do
the Sri Shinmoy Self-Transcendence 3100 Mile Race. You can sleep when
you want but need to...
Forum: Running May 15th 12, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.running

John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

Mon DNR

Tues 8 miles hilly trail

Wed DNR
Forum: Running May 14th 12, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
I don't believe this!!!

Bill Proms wrote:
Bill Proms here with an early update. I have blisters once again!
Virtually out of nowhere. Since my last post, my stamina has been
increasing pretty well and my speed...
Forum: Running May 7th 12, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Training week ending May 6 2012

pithydoug wrote:
On May 7, 6:33 am, "Tim Downie" wrote:
John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

Forum: Running May 7th 12, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.running

John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

After my 53 mile ultra last weekend, it's been a week of indecision.
Obviously I should be...
Forum: Running May 1st 12, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
walking & weight loss update for April

Bill Proms wrote:
With my last update being on 3/27, it's been just over a month since
then so here's the latest.

I think I mentioned that my original running shoes were exchanged for
ones...
Forum: Running April 30th 12, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Training week ending April 29 2012

John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

More a training month really...

At the start of the month I had a great 2 day training run over...
Forum: Running April 26th 12, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Why do you run?

pithydoug wrote:
On Apr 26, 4:40 am, thang ornerythinchus
wrote:
http://www.watoday.com.au/executive-style/fitness/blogs/the-long-run/...

My reasons?

1....
Forum: Running April 13th 12, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Heart Rate Zones??!!

Seth wrote:
OK, I'm confused...

I'm sort of new at this, let's say I'm using HRM for 5-6 y. now. And
all the information and all the charts so far states the same thing:
Fat Burning Zone is...
Forum: Running April 5th 12, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Update and so long

Michelle wrote:
My efforts at revitalizing my running have all been for naught. I
couldn't finish the couch to 5 k program this time around, finding a
limit at two miles. So, I'm going to...
Forum: Running April 3rd 12, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Training week ending April 1st 2012

Anthony wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Current plan is to ease back on the running and build up my long
hilly cycles to a max of about 60-70miles and hope...
Forum: Running April 2nd 12, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.running

John Hurley wrote:
Greetings wreck runners! Please tell us about your training week and
goals.

I've been running. ;-)

I don't often contribute to this thread but I had a fab weekend running...
Forum: Running March 28th 12, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Treadmills

"Michael" wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
My friends, be very careful on them.

Forum: Running March 27th 12, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Popped a gasket...

Anthony wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
...metaphorically at least. ;-)

I seem to have a baby inguinal hernia...
Forum: Running March 27th 12, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 0
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
HAT 50k #79

pithydoug wrote:
As some of you know, my trip to Maryland for the HAT race was to be a
support role –enjoy the trip the meals and some imbibing and very
little running. I abused my left calf...
Forum: Running March 24th 12, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
How to run correctly

thang ornerythinchus wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 06:44:02 -0700 (PDT), keekee
wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know how to run correctly without hurting my knees.
Forum: Running March 24th 12, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
Popped a gasket...

....metaphorically at least. ;-)

I seem to have a baby inguinal hernia demanding my attention. It's not being
outrageously annoying but it can be painful when doing speedwork.

Anyone here running...
Forum: Running March 23rd 12, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
How to run correctly

Michael wrote:
On Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:04:51 PM UTC-5, Tim Downie wrote:
Michael wrote:
On Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:29:42 AM UTC-5, pithydoug wrote:
On Mar 22, 11:03 am, keekee...
Forum: Running March 22nd 12, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Tim Downie[_5_]
How to run correctly