Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Donovan Rebbechi said...
On 2006-08-31, Mark Hutchinson wrote:

I read enough of that verbose rambling editorial to grasp that
much ... but I'm already familiar with that...
Forum: Running September 1st 06, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Donovan Rebbechi said...

Here are my assertions -- which ones specifically are wrong, and
why ?

OK, that's better. Let's see what we can do with this.

(1) overconsumption of calories will...
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Donovan Rebbechi wrote

On 2006-08-31, Mark Hutchinson wrote:

I see. I encouraged you to read the article and come back with
a more intelligent...
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Donovan Rebbechi said...

On 2006-08-31, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
Donovan Rebbechi wrote

It's not rocket science. People just aren't trying very...
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Donovan Rebbechi wrote

It's not rocket science. People just aren't trying very hard.

And neither are you. It is more complex than rocket science. You
are dead wrong on most of...
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

TxRengade wrote

Such whining. This is America. Nobody owes you anything.

Then quit Txes out of my paycheck.
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Kaz Kylheku said...

Doug Freese wrote:
"Mark Hutchinson" wrote in message

Three glasses of low-fat milk add more than 300 calories a
day. This is a real...
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Doug Freese said...
"Mark Hutchinson" wrote in message

Three glasses of low-fat milk add more than 300 calories a day.
This is a real issue for the millions of...
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Lost Lake Breath of Life Trail Run 2006 (long)

said...

"She kind of ran after the other guy a little bit, never caught
up to him and then turned, got her cubs and took off," he said.

If that guy was wearing his...
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
kill file this entire list

wrote

Holy sweet baby jesus! You will be missed!!!!!

Funny.

I see you are back to reclaim your strypes. All done with rbr?
Forum: Running August 31st 06, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 55
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Training Week Ending August 20, 2006

anders said...
Mark Hutchinson kirjoitti:

So when is your next race report? ;-)

A fair and relevant question, but still aimed below the belt:-)

That's below the belt? What world do...
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Donovan Rebbechi said...

You don't really have "health insurance" in the US. You have a
health care cost sharing scheme. When it's employer-provided, the
employer does not adjust your salary...
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 55
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Training Week Ending August 20, 2006

anders said...

Alas, it seems that the only way to ensure good sportsmanship all
around is to enforce strict rules and to deal out draconian
punishments. I would also propose a rule that any...
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

And right on cue:

"Waistlines continue to grow in U.S."

http://tinyurl.com/gxhvb

Trust for America's Health made scores of recommendations for
reducing obesity. For example:

•Employers should...
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Lost Lake Breath of Life Trail Run 2006 (long)

Dot wrote

My pictures:
http://home.att.net/~akrunning/LostLake2006/index.html

Nice pics. You've put some work into this.

Goal prior to race: 4:30-4:45, but 4:30 being...
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 95
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
NYC Half-Marathon Report

steve common wrote

steve common wrote:

Projected halfway split = 43'53 = second half in 44'10 = 17"
positive.

Did I get it right...
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Todd said...

Make health insurance like car insurance. If your BMI or fat
level or whatever is to high, you pay a premium.

There's no reason the private insurance industry couldn't
implement...
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 95
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
NYC Half-Marathon Report

Dan Stumpus said...

I go to 2 step when going hard, always have. I was 80.x% wava
when younger. If you've got a high vo2 max, the only way you get
to use it is to pump that O2 into the system....
Forum: Running August 30th 06, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 95
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
NYC Half-Marathon Report

Donovan Rebbechi wrote

Are you sure that you're not some sort of highly evolved canine
or something ? (-;

Well, they do have that Clydesdales division, so interspecies racing...
Forum: Running August 29th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

Todd said...

"Mark Hutchinson" wrote in message

No, the first thing they need is defending in the sense that they
need effective solutions. If you have read anything,...
Forum: Running August 29th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 93
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
Bekele & Big Macs

"Doug Freese" wrote
"Mark Hutchinson" wrote in message

How does Bush fit into this? Like this - one of the culprits
causing the current obesity...
Forum: Running August 29th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 95
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
NYC Half-Marathon Report

Mark Hutchinson wrote

Mark Hutchinson wrote

Donovan Rebbechi wrote

On 2006-08-29, Mark Hutchinson ...
Forum: Running August 29th 06, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 95
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
NYC Half-Marathon Report

Mark Hutchinson wrote

Donovan Rebbechi wrote

On 2006-08-29, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
Donovan Rebbechi wrote
Forum: Running August 29th 06, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 95
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
NYC Half-Marathon Report

Donovan Rebbechi wrote

On 2006-08-29, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
Donovan Rebbechi wrote

Why would the stride length change in shorter...
Forum: Running August 29th 06, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 95
Posted By Mark Hutchinson
NYC Half-Marathon Report

Donovan Rebbechi wrote

Why would the stride length change in shorter races? And why
would it be longer?

Because you cover distance faster and stride rate is
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100