Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Adam Lea[_2_]
Forum: Walking in the UK March 12th 17, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
The Minigaig in one day?

Hi. I'm off on a walking/cycling holiday in Aviemore towards the end of
June, and am in the process of looking at full day walks which may be
borderline feasible, and explore areas that are...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 12th 17, 11:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Bulls in fields

On 13/07/2003 17:34, Five Cats wrote:
In article , Gordon
writes
Five Cats wrote

It is also far...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 28th 09, 12:42 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 64
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Dogs - or perhaps their owners (Penyghent)

Allan wrote:
I had a quick trip up Penyghent this morning. At the bottom of the
Big End (near the junction of the path up from Bracken Bottom and the
Pennine Way), I passed a pair of walkers...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 9th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 61
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Ups and downs of Munros

Craig Wallace wrote:
On 07/09/2009 08:11, wrote:
In ,
wrote:
On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 23:40:08 +0100,...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 31st 09, 02:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 50
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
cause For Concern?

Compo in Caithness wrote:

I quite agree. In many walks of life (pun intended) people expect to
be mollycoddled and looked after rather than experienceing any
hardship by...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 3rd 09, 12:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 113
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
New to walking...

john wrote:
On 26 July, 19:24, "terrys" wrote:
"Paul Saunders" wrote in message

Forum: Walking in the UK April 27th 09, 12:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Coylumbridge to Linn of Dee : transport back ?

wrote:
Hi,

It's been a couple of years already since I stopped lurking this
group... But good to see it's still very much alive.

Me, my brother and 2 brothers in...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 27th 09, 12:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Coylumbridge to Linn of Dee : transport back ?

Richard Spencer wrote:
I think that most people use one of those invaluable attachments -
"the wife"!

The return by road is well on a hundred miles (whether you go via
Pitlochry or via...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 2nd 09, 01:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 16
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Is Britain's weather getting worse?

Paul Saunders wrote:
Is it my imagination, or is Britain's weather worse these days than
it used to be say, 20 years ago?

I'm not talking about global warming and the "extreme events...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 2nd 09, 12:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 16
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Is Britain's weather getting worse?

PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 00:19:19 +0000, Peter Chant wrote:

Rob G wrote:

But .... having said that, I would agree with your contention. I've
kept a log of all my hill days...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 29th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Frosty on the South Downs

"sandy saunders" wrote in message

What a lovely outing in the cold, but would have been better in that rare
thing...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 1st 08, 12:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
minigaig question

"Richard Spencer" wrote in message
The message
from "Adam Lea"...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 27th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
minigaig question

Is it possible to walk the Minigaig from Blair Atholl to Kingussie in one
day, assuming near midsummer amounts of daylight?

I was considering perhaps doing some long linear walks, say from Aviemore...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 23rd 08, 12:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 6
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Longest possible walk

"Richard Spencer" wrote in message
As my humble contribution, I came home from Hong Kong not on foot, but
by train...
Forum: Walking in the UK August 5th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
How far away can a town or city be seen from a hill/mountain?

"Paul Saunders" wrote in message
Adam Lea wrote:

I can't understand why people enjoy sleeping late.

Forum: Walking in the UK August 3rd 08, 12:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
How far away can a town or city be seen from a hill/mountain?

"Paul Saunders" wrote in message

I can't understand why people enjoy sleeping late.

Because some of us just don't...
Forum: Walking in the UK June 30th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 13
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
How far can be seen on a "normal" clear day

"Chris Game" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:21:00 -0700 (PDT), Matt79 wrote:

It is said on the Internet that the...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 31st 08, 12:42 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 133
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Twuncers

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Gordon H wrote:
Peter Clinch writes
Roger wrote:

If...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 31st 08, 12:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 133
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Twuncers

"GSV Three Minds in a Can" wrote in message

(more CO2 is emitted during design & build of the average car than it will
ever...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 31st 08, 12:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 133
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Twuncers

"Paul Saunders" wrote in message
Doug Hughes wrote:

Mmm... The article is pretty well b*ll*cks, as the numbers...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 10th 08, 12:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 30
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
Rights of way across golf courses

"Bill Grey" wrote in message
In message
, Ted
Forum: Walking in the UK November 27th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 52
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
yukk

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
A map and compass cannot do what a GPS and map can do.

Like run out of...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 8th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to uk.environment,uk.environment.conservation,uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.walking,uk.politics.environment
Replies: 35
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
3 million new homes receive go ahead

"Broadback" wrote in message
the English hate relationship to flats due to, other countries...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 8th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 35
Posted By Adam Lea[_2_]
3 million new homes receive go ahead

"Jon Combe" wrote in message
So to meet a 60% reduction with a greatly increased
population means I...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24