Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Duncan Heenan
Forum: Swimming August 9th 12, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 1
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Olympics 2012: NBC's 5 Biggest Lessons From London

The ususal mantra from Olympic medal winners is that they want to 'inspire a
generation'. Their example would suggest that the aspirations they are
promoting are to become millionaire celebrities,...
Forum: Swimming December 12th 11, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 4
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Cleanup after swimming in salt water pool

"Peabody" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan says...

I regularly swim in the sea, but without a swimming
Forum: Swimming December 11th 11, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 4
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Cleanup after swimming in salt water pool

I regularly swim in the sea, but without a swimming costume as often as
possible. It feels better and has less complications. However when I do use
a costume, I find a warmfresh water wash does the...
Forum: Swimming August 23rd 11, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 21
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Best way to burn calories

"Kallis21" wrote in message

Running is the best exercises because it helps you burn the calories.
Just in 30...
Forum: Swimming August 19th 11, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 21
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Best way to burn calories

I agree that BMI is an ambiguous measure for obesity, but it is still the
mostly widely used one in the medical world, and I was asked what
constitutes 'quite fat'. I still think swimming is not...
Forum: Swimming August 18th 11, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 21
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Best way to burn calories

"George" wrote in message
On 11/08/11 12:38 p, Duncan Heenan wrote:
I disagree. Swimming is non weight bearing. test show that...
Forum: Swimming March 19th 11, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 5
Posted By Duncan Heenan
swimming trunks for women

Steve Freides" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:
"Tim923" wrote in message
Forum: Swimming March 14th 11, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 5
Posted By Duncan Heenan
swimming trunks for women

"Tim923" wrote in message
Why don't women wear swimming truncks?
Because they're not elephants.
Forum: Swimming November 28th 10, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 2
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Experiment

"Steve Freides" wrote in message
aquachimp wrote:

those who claim "heavy legs" syndrome really have "just don't know how
to swim...
Forum: Swimming November 25th 10, 08:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 1
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Experiment

Correction. The link should have been
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=fact-or-fiction-archimede
--
Duncan Heenan
Forum: Swimming November 25th 10, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming

"aquachimp" wrote in message
I opted for a bath this evening because my back was bad...
Forum: Swimming September 29th 10, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Is flutter kick for young swimmer only ?

"newsreader" wrote in message
I have been trying to do the flutter kick for a long ...
Forum: Swimming August 17th 10, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 18
Posted By Duncan Heenan
muscles in swimming

"Bill" wrote in message

"Nelson" wrote in message
Forum: Swimming July 13th 10, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Duncan Heenan
muscles in swimming

"Nelson" wrote in message

Over the last years, I have been developing a pain/disconfort in the
Forum: Swimming May 2nd 10, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.media.bbc,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 2
Posted By Duncan Heenan
BBC Sport - Swimming - British Swimming plans 'Duel in the Pool II'

wrote in message ...

BBC Sport - Swimming - British Swimming plans 'Duel in the Pool II'

Forum: Swimming April 30th 10, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Swimming the Atlantic??

"Keith Midgley" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:03:38 +0100, "Duncan Heenan"
Forum: Swimming April 25th 10, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Swimming the Atlantic??

Dan Martin is planning to swim the Atlantic, starting from Nova Scotia in 2
weeks time. http://www.danmartinextreme.com/home.php

Personally I think he's a fantasist bul****ter. Logistics alone mean...
Forum: Swimming April 18th 10, 09:34 PM Posted to aus.tv,rec.sport.swimming,aus.sport
Replies: 8
Posted By Duncan Heenan
BREAKING NEWS: Someone very well known to this group comes out of the closet.

"George Orwell" wrote in message

A high profile Australian male swimming champion has laid to rest all
those rumors...
Forum: Swimming April 16th 10, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Are there any channel swimmers from Hong Kong?

"Michael Tsang" wrote in message
Are there any channel swimmers from Hong Kong?

See http://www.channelswimming.net/restext.htm...
Forum: Swimming March 12th 10, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 1
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Garbage Bag Swimming suit

"Caleb" wrote in message
Howdy Y'all,

I'm appling for scholarship.

The learn to write...
Forum: Swimming February 23rd 10, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 6
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Day to day breathing differences: What is the cause?

"MW Smith" wrote in message
These days I only swim 2k three times a week, but this problem is
Forum: Swimming January 30th 10, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Duncan Heenan
swimming pool design

"Stewart" wrote in message
My son is building a new house with a 20 metre swimming pool. He has
Forum: Swimming December 20th 09, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 18
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Pull Buoy question-use for working free style

"MW Smith" wrote in message
snip

Yes, but if you have a good kick, then swimming with a pull...
Forum: Swimming December 20th 09, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 18
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Pull Buoy question-use for working free style

"KOS" wrote in message
hello,
I was swimmning with a pull buoy to work on arm placement...
Forum: Swimming November 26th 09, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 0
Posted By Duncan Heenan
Robson Green's 'wild Swimming'

Robson Green's new [UK] TV series 'wild swimming' is starting in a couple of
weeks, and might be of interest to swimmers, albeit not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100