Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: aj
Forum: Walking in the UK February 27th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By aj
Chris jesty's Wainwright guides

My Chris jesty revised Wainwright guide to the Far Eastern fells, has the
Central fells listed on the inside back of the dust jacket,since noticing
that,every other one i have checked in the shops...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 19th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 9
Posted By aj
mobile phone question

i heard,cant remember where,that if you are in an emergency in the hills but
dont have a signal on your network you can dial a number ahead of 999 then
it will route you to 999 from any network...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 19th 07, 02:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 9
Posted By aj
further to 'GPS & batteries'

I cant understand why the GPS Manafacturers dont have remote battery packs
in their accessory catalogues,like some camera manafacturers do,then the
batteries stay warm in a pocket & are unaffected...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 12th 07, 03:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By aj
Trail mag & 'secret' Borrowdale cave

i read somewhere that Trail Magazine did something in their april 05 edition
on the 'secret' cave in Borrowdale (well near Borrowdale),of course its the
only one i cant find in my house..did they...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 9th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By aj
GPS question

i know i can try this tomorrow but!..will a GPS with a patch antenna still
see the sky ok, if in the lid pocket of a rucksack & does it matter if the
screen faces up or down in the pocket?
thanks.
Forum: Walking in the UK January 31st 07, 01:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By aj
mobile sigman in Ft William

is there a mobile phone signal in Fort William with the Orange & O2
networks?
thanks
Forum: Walking in the UK January 29th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 12
Posted By aj
GPS batteries

does anyone use Lithium AA or AAA batteries for their GPS,can they be they
recharged?
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 10
Posted By aj
Lifestraw

"Neil Pugh" wrote in message
In message , aj
writes
"The...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 07, 02:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 10
Posted By aj
Lifestraw

"Neil Pugh" wrote in message
In message , aj
Forum: Walking in the UK January 26th 07, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 10
Posted By aj
Lifestraw

anyone know if these can be purchased in the UK?

http://www.lifestraw.com/en/high/maincont2.asp
Forum: Walking in the UK January 17th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 9
Posted By aj
Fort William in June

im off for my first ever visit to the highlands in late june..will the
scottish midge be there to welcome me?
Forum: Walking in the UK December 30th 06, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By aj
Paramo tech wash/reproof

when washing & re-waterproofing my Paramo Velez smock should the garment be
inside out?
thanks.
Forum: Walking in the UK November 24th 06, 06:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 40
Posted By aj
Lightweight waterproof jackets

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
MP wrote:
Its time for a new lightweight waterproof jacket, the question is which
one?...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 15th 06, 11:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By aj
Great Gable Remembrance day

www.wasdaleweb.co.uk/rememberenceday.html

i dont know if its me or them who spelled it wrong but have a look at my
videos.
Forum: Walking in the UK November 11th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By aj
memory map website

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
aj wrote:
i cant access the memory map website can anyone else? 11 nov 20:00
OK for me at...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 11th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By aj
memory map/garmin Etrex

"Nigel Cliffe" wrote in message
aj wrote:
is it me??
i installed memory-map 'britains national parks' to use with my garmin
Forum: Walking in the UK November 11th 06, 09:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By aj
memory map website

i cant access the memory map website can anyone else? 11 nov 20:00
Forum: Walking in the UK November 11th 06, 07:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By aj
memory map/garmin Etrex

is it me??
i installed memory-map 'britains national parks' to use with my garmin
etrex but cant get it to work.
in the software gps set up im selecting the correct port for map
software/etrex...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 28th 06, 08:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By aj
The Weather

im writing to my MP about the weather,its been a horrible day in the Lakes
today (saturday) & the forcast is superb tomorrow when im back to work,you
win some you lose some!
Forum: Walking in the UK August 12th 06, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 14
Posted By aj
lost GPS on Yewbarrow

i walked up yewbarrow in the Lakes on the 27 april,someone had stuck a
notice on a tree in the car park saying they had lost a GPS,i kept an eye
out but saw nothing.
my Girlfriend did the same walk...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20