Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim Daneliuk
Forum: Running April 3rd 14, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Hmmm...

On 04/03/2014 03:41 AM, thang ornerythinchus wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/too-much-running-tied-to-shorter-lifespan-studies-find/

We're all some complex combination of...
Forum: Running January 23rd 13, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Another cold one this morning

On 01/22/2013 06:02 PM, John Hurley wrote:
Somewhere around 7 degrees this morning ( not celsius of course ) with
a lot of wind and blowing snow.

Only 2nd day this year face mask was...
Forum: Running August 23rd 12, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Poll: How many miles do you run per week?

On 08/23/2012 10:20 AM, Myles wrote:
Suffice to say I have accidentally wandered into a room full of people that take running FAR more seriously than I do.

My poll was created out of idle...
Forum: Running August 23rd 12, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Poll: How many miles do you run per week?

On 08/22/2012 09:26 AM, Myles wrote:
My initial answer is that an outdoor mile is definitely more difficult

I've run plenty of both and I don't think this is actually true.
They are difficult in...
Forum: Running June 8th 12, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Is Big Distance Actually Harmful?

On 06/08/2012 06:20 AM, pithydoug wrote:
On Jun 8, 1:29 am, Tim wrote:
On 06/07/2012 10:57 PM, pithydoug wrote:

ems to me when we
only had clubs for...
Forum: Running June 8th 12, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Is Big Distance Actually Harmful?

On 06/07/2012 10:57 PM, pithydoug wrote:
ems to me when we
only had clubs for survival and raised gardens had yet to exist, man
had to run down his prey for food.

And life expectancy was about...
Forum: Running June 4th 12, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 7
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Is Big Distance Actually Harmful?

http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/04/extreme-workouts-when-exercise-does-more-harm-than-good/?iid=hl-main-lede
Forum: Running March 3rd 12, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 22
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Davy Jones dead - another fit, slim runner

On 02/29/2012 07:16 PM, Michelle wrote:
In ,
thang wrote:

"He was a vegetarian, and there was not...
Forum: Running December 29th 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Allergies On The Run

Dear Flabby -

I like to run ... a lot .. even in the cold, rain, snow, and sleet.
However, in my old age I've developed a fairly unpleasant set of
seasonal allergies that are particularly pronounced...
Forum: Running December 11th 09, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 16
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
How Cold Is Too Cold?

On 12/11/2009 6:42 AM, Doug Freese wrote:
"Dot" wrote in message
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
I've never been convinced...
Forum: Running December 11th 09, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 16
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
How Cold Is Too Cold?

On 12/11/2009 1:04 AM, Dot wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 12/10/2009 2:50 PM, Dot wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Even when I ski in the very cold, I generally only
use face creams to...
Forum: Running December 10th 09, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 16
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
How Cold Is Too Cold?

On 12/10/2009 2:50 PM, Dot wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Temp today is 5F with the windchill in -10F region. Too cold too run?

Tim, I thought you were from Fairbanks earlier in...
Forum: Running December 10th 09, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 16
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
How Cold Is Too Cold?

Temp today is 5F with the windchill in -10F region. Too cold too run?
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:...
Forum: Running September 5th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Everything You Thought About Lactic Acid Is Wrong

Interesting ....

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/16/health/nutrition/16run.html?_r=1
Forum: Running August 15th 09, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 32
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Stupid pedestrians

In the Middle of the Pack wrote:
aeiouy wrote:

[snip]
They don't hear you even if you do say LEFT a couple of times because
they're all wearing ipods.
[snip]
*rant over*

I ...
Forum: Running July 17th 09, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Update On ASIC GT-2140s

Doug Freese wrote:
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
For those who care ...

A few weeks ago there was a thread here...
Forum: Running July 17th 09, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 5
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Update On ASIC GT-2140s

For those who care ...

A few weeks ago there was a thread here about dissatisfaction with the
new GT-2140s (as opposed to the 2130s). I had the same problem so I
contacted ASIC via email and beefed...
Forum: Running July 2nd 09, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Ruuning when tired

dizzy wrote:
I seem to do some my strongest running when I'm low on sleep. Today,
for no known reason, I woke-up about 2 hours early. So I figured I
may as well go for a run. I set a new...
Forum: Running June 9th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 9
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Asics 2140's

Doug Freese wrote:
I've been a Asics 2NNN fan for many years. I had no problems with that
line over years of changes with the exception of the 2090's which was a
cluster %$^K. Luckily they...
Forum: Running May 23rd 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
The Heat Is On

wrote:
On May 22, 5:05 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

snip

Sadly, I do live in a "wrong" state - The Communist Workers Republic
Of Illinois....
Forum: Running May 22nd 09, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
The Heat Is On

wrote:
On May 21, 10:18 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

snip

After a lovely Fall/Winter/Spring of the longest/best runs of my brief running
Forum: Running May 22nd 09, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
The Heat Is On

Dot wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
I'd love to move back to AK where the weather is civil
year 'round ...

Yea, and complain about heat waves at +50F.;)

Dot
Forum: Running May 22nd 09, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
The Heat Is On

Doug Freese wrote:
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
After a lovely Fall/Winter/Spring of the longest/best runs of my brief...
Forum: Running May 22nd 09, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
The Heat Is On

After a lovely Fall/Winter/Spring of the longest/best runs of my brief running
career (2 years), Summer appeared with a vengeance this week. I feel like
I just went back 18 months in running...
Forum: Running May 14th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.running
Replies: 4
Posted By Tim Daneliuk
Vitamins Contraindicated For Those Exercising???

wrote:
On May 14, 2:02 am, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

snip

Showing results 1 to 25 of 76