Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Henderson
Forum: Triathalon April 26th 08, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Henderson
what has this newsgroup turned into?

exk7 wrote:
Tom Henderson wrote:

TriAdmin wrote:

All I see is spam and porn offers. What happened?

Sad, isn't it. I can remember when there would be 30-50 posts a day
here,...
Forum: Triathalon April 24th 08, 10:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon

TriAdmin wrote:
All I see is spam and porn offers. What happened?

Sad, isn't it. I can remember when there would be 30-50 posts a day
here, all Tri related, and there was a community of...
Forum: Triathalon April 4th 08, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom Henderson
triathlon nutriton powders

Mark wrote:
The best post exercise
drink....Chocolate Milk.

I've been waiting a long time for that advice!
Forum: Triathalon March 30th 08, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom Henderson
triathlon nutriton powders

wrote:
what are the best powders for before and after training for tris?
I went to a gym type shop and the guy recommended a mix of 70% protien
and rest carbs. (Mass...
Forum: Triathalon March 4th 08, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.sport.triathlon,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Henderson
Profile design carbon stryke aerobars problem

wrote:
Hi All,

I managed to recently win a set of profile design carbon stryke
aerobars on e-bay. When they arrived, I discovered I had not read the
auction's not-so-small...
Forum: Triathalon February 25th 08, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 0
Posted By Tom Henderson
Good deal on GPS for training

I think this has to be the lowest price I've seen for a GPS for runners.
I have a Timex speed + Distance that has worked well for me. The Timex
has a watch and armband, though, and this one works...
Forum: Triathalon March 2nd 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom Henderson
24 HOUR TREADMILL WORLD RECORD

wrote in news:1172723731.163441.275710
@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

A group of 12 guys are going for the world record for 24 hour running
on a treadmill. They will...
Forum: Triathalon September 29th 06, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 2
Posted By Tom Henderson
newbie

wrote in news:1159485180.958703.44710
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I have never done a triathlon before, but have begun training for one
in the future, maybe a year or...
Forum: Triathalon September 15th 06, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 17
Posted By Tom Henderson
Cervelo Dual

Ali Razavi wrote in news:eebsgf$m7e$1
@rumours.uwaterloo.ca:

non troll opinions please. If you don't have anything to
say remaining silent is the wisest thing to...
Forum: Triathalon September 14th 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom Henderson
goggles good for open-water sighting?

Martin Smith wrote in
:

A scuba mask won't work in a rough water race. The waves will pull it
Forum: Swimming September 14th 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 8
Posted By Tom Henderson
goggles good for open-water sighting?

Martin Smith wrote in
:

A scuba mask won't work in a rough water race. The waves will pull it
Forum: Triathalon September 12th 06, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 5
Posted By Tom Henderson
Signing Off

"Mark Cathcart" wrote in
:

John Hardt wrote:
I've moved most of my attention to Slowtwitch.com and now must...
Forum: Triathalon September 1st 06, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Henderson
Newbie: Goals Question

Gman wrote in news:[email protected]:

When I cycle is generally use an SPD shoe system. Obviously they are no
good for running. What are some of the thoughts...
Forum: Triathalon August 31st 06, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 11
Posted By Tom Henderson
Newbie: Goals Question

Gman wrote in news:[email protected]:

How do I train for the swim portion of the event?

If you've got a local master's group you can join, you'll get more than...
Forum: Triathalon August 29th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Henderson
need help w/ open-water swimming and dealing w/ 1-2' waves

wrote in news:[email protected]
75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I think Tom gives excellent advice.

Thanks Michelle!
Forum: Swimming August 29th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Henderson
need help w/ open-water swimming and dealing w/ 1-2' waves

wrote in news:[email protected]
75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I think Tom gives excellent advice.

Thanks Michelle!
Forum: Triathalon August 28th 06, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Henderson
need help w/ open-water swimming and dealing w/ 1-2' waves

wrote in news:1156726749.660122.140350
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

have an upcoming inaugural triathlon and my test-swim yesterday
featured strong winds and 1-2'...
Forum: Swimming August 28th 06, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon,rec.sport.swimming
Replies: 9
Posted By Tom Henderson
need help w/ open-water swimming and dealing w/ 1-2' waves

wrote in news:1156726749.660122.140350
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

have an upcoming inaugural triathlon and my test-swim yesterday
featured strong winds and 1-2'...
Forum: Triathalon August 9th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 38
Posted By Tom Henderson
how to run in bike shoe in a triatholon

"aa" wrote in news:1155082640.414289.270500
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Hello,
Coming out of transition, i have to run for about 100m with my bike
shoes on. Any...
Forum: Triathalon August 8th 06, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 13
Posted By Tom Henderson
Tri Wheels

"Skippy" wrote in
:

good bike shop will be able to build you a good set of wheels (say
24/28/32 aero spokes on...
Forum: Triathalon July 10th 06, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 1
Posted By Tom Henderson
Training scheme

filke wrote in news:44b21d2f$0$10461
:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me te get a training scheme for a quarter
triathlon.
We would like to do...
Forum: Triathalon July 7th 06, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 5
Posted By Tom Henderson
Training group up and running in Pensacola, FL

"patio3231" wrote in
:

Tom Henderson wrote:
"patio3231" wrote in
Forum: Triathalon July 3rd 06, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 5
Posted By Tom Henderson
Training group up and running in Pensacola, FL

"patio3231" wrote in news:1151768505.212932.223710
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Hey Tom,
Im a little nervous about training with mere mortals..never done a
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23