Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: aj
Forum: Walking in the UK March 6th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By aj
Mountain days and Bothy night's

For anyone itching to read this classic book (me included) dont pay
the 24 odd quid that new condition ones are going for on amazon,its
being re-printed in a couple of months so my friendly local...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 3rd 08, 08:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By aj
Ben Lomond/Schiehallion

On Mar 3, 7:37*pm, Richard Spencer
wrote:
The message
from aj contains...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 3rd 08, 07:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 3
Posted By aj
Ben Lomond/Schiehallion

Is there a website where i can check conditions on the 2 Munro's &
others in the subject line?
Is a walk up Ben Lomond or Schiehallion a realistic proposition
tomorrow for a walker (me) without an...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 24th 07, 07:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 5
Posted By aj
Merrick from Glen Trool

On Nov 21, 7:09 pm, "MP" wrote:
Could anyone give me some help with information on the Merrick Dumfries and
Galloway. I understand the difficulties in giving generalisations...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 19th 07, 05:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By aj
Schiehallion/Braes of Foss

On Nov 19, 4:23 pm, Lindsay wrote:
On Nov 19, 3:58 pm, aj wrote:

Hi All,i want to Walk Schiehallion midweek this week does the braes
Forum: Walking in the UK November 19th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By aj
Schiehallion/Braes of Foss

Hi All,i want to Walk Schiehallion midweek this week does the braes
of foss car park fill up early ?
Thanks in advance.
Forum: Walking in the UK September 3rd 07, 08:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By aj
Gps mystery!

can anyone explain why when i just plotted a route on memory map the
start appears as waypoint 0001 all the way to the end at waypoint 0054
but on the gps waypoint 0001 appears as 033 to 084??
Forum: Walking in the UK September 3rd 07, 11:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By aj
Paramo washing

should a paramo garment be washed & proofed right side out or inside
out?
thanks.
Forum: Walking in the UK August 10th 07, 06:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By aj
Dales weather

Is there a good online weather forcast for the Yorkshire Dales
(Western) ?
Thanks
Forum: Walking in the UK June 22nd 07, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 4
Posted By aj
weatherline

is there a scottish equivelent of the lake district weather line?
im off to fort william for a week tomorrow & wont be near a computer
to check the weather online.
cheers.
Forum: Walking in the UK June 15th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
GPS
Posted By aj
GPS

If a gps is set to grid in the settings,does the reading of the grid
ref from the gps put you in the right place on the map ?
Forum: Walking in the UK May 31st 07, 02:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By aj
gps routes

i have bought a garmin gekko 201 but dont have mapping software,is
there a website out there where i can download routes to my gps,im
thinking particularly scottish routes,i'll pay of course!
Forum: Walking in the UK April 17th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 18
Posted By aj
mountain/walking leader training

On 17 Apr, 19:00, Lindsay wrote:
On Apr 17, 6:36 pm, aj wrote:

my friend thinks she can set herself up as a walking leader in the
Forum: Walking in the UK April 17th 07, 10:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By aj
virtual panorama?

On 17 Apr, 21:13, "T Dave R" wrote:
Ysgrifennodd "aj" mewn neges

i read...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 17th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By aj
virtual panorama?

i read somewhere recently of an application that some mobile phones/
gps units could use that give you a virtual panorama,on the screen
with all the hill names as you look at the 'live' view.
does...
Forum: Walking in the UK April 17th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 18
Posted By aj
mountain/walking leader training

my friend thinks she can set herself up as a walking leader in the
Lake District without any formal outdoor qualifications,she must be
wrong surely?
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16