Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dominic Sexton
Forum: Walking in the UK November 29th 11, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Garmin GPS Recommendation

In article , "
writes
I am going to upgrade my Garmin eTrex Vista HCx.
I have narrowed it down to a choice between the new...
Forum: Walking in the UK November 7th 11, 11:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Famous members

In article , Judith
writes
On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 22:26:17 +0000, Roger Chapman
Forum: Walking in the UK July 30th 11, 05:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 39
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Broken Ankle

Sorry to hear of your break Gordon.

I bet you'll be glad when you can put the Zimmer frame away!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

--

Dominic Sexton
Forum: Walking in the UK March 29th 11, 05:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

In article , Bill Grey
writes
A few weeks ago one of our posters shoed us apicture of what might have been
a Red Kite. I had...
Forum: Walking in the UK March 10th 11, 03:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 7
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Grid ref Conversion

In article
,
Simon Edwardes writes
Does anyone have any code for converting OS (or Irish) grid...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 2nd 11, 11:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 19
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Altimeters

In article , writes
But let's assume +-5 m. I really need +-0.5 m, so that's 100
observations. Plausible, but I don't think I can be...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 9th 10, 04:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 9
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Advertising etc

In article , Ann
Lancing writes

Does anyone know how to stop the rubbish that comes on this newsgroup.
There...
Forum: Walking in the UK July 21st 10, 05:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Suunto T4C Heart Rate Monitor

That's an interesting device. I have used a Garmin Forerunner 305 for
the last four years to record my run and bike training. I use the
excellent Sporttracks freeware to store and analyse the data....
Forum: Walking in the UK March 15th 10, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 14
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Google Streetview gets as far as Skye

In article , Phil Cook
writes
Hey folks, I didn't know they were going to do streetview in the
countryside.

They even...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 25th 10, 01:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 11
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Wikipedia and Scottish Hills list

In article , Jhimmy
writes
Despite all my years in IT and using wikipedia I still don't know much
about it :-(

Anyone know what...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 18th 10, 03:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 26
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Petition Re SAR Dogs

In article , Tim
Jackson writes
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:23:00 +0000, Geoff Berrow wrote...
Even so, it seems a waste of...
Forum: Walking in the UK February 15th 10, 12:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 50
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Is this the same rocky outcrop in Snowdonia?

In article , Roger Chapman
writes
Paul Saunders wrote:

Same area but I don't think it is the same rock which, in the...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 12th 10, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 67
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Do I hear any complaints...

In article , Sandy
Birrell writes
Gordon H wrote:
Thanks for that idea, Dominic, I tried it with my discarded walking
Forum: Walking in the UK January 12th 10, 11:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 67
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Do I hear any complaints...

In article , Gordon H
writes
In message , Dominic Sexton...
Forum: Walking in the UK January 7th 10, 05:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 67
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Do I hear any complaints...

In article , Jhimmy
writes

The neighbours kids are off school, it is closed, it is about 300 yds
away!

IMHO 4x4s are a...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 30th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 10
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Avalanche Hazard Forecast - do you understand it?

In article , Jhimmy
writes
Am I the only person to get confused by new the "Dart Board" Avalanche
reports for...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 11th 09, 05:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By Dominic Sexton
The down-side of early morning walks ....

Very sad and not the best start to the day for you either. I too find it
hard to fathom but perhaps it is just that I've been lucky and others
will have had a much harder time than me...

--...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 8th 09, 11:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 19
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Memory-Map for distances

In article , Alan White
writes
On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:30:25 GMT, (Tim Jones)
wrote:

In GPS...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 4th 09, 10:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 63
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Where's Everyone Gone?

In article , PeterC
writes
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:26:01 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:

PeterC wrote:

Yes, sorry...
Forum: Walking in the UK December 2nd 09, 02:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 63
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Where's Everyone Gone?

In article , Paul Saunders
writes
Mike Mason wrote:
even
though they are wet and boggy and the peat bogs tend to be...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 19th 09, 12:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 33
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Paths - on map and ground

In article , George
writes
The immanent potential deterioration of the GPS satellites

is scaremongering - most probably in an attempt...
Forum: Walking in the UK October 1st 09, 05:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 0
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Repair walking shoes?

In article
,
blackhead writes
Every pair of walking shoes or boots have always had the same problem
-...
Forum: Walking in the UK September 26th 09, 02:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking
Replies: 2
Posted By Dominic Sexton
Carnedd Uchaf

is apparently being renamed in an hours time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/8275729.stm

--

Dominic Sexton
Forum: Walking in the UK September 22nd 09, 05:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

In article , JT
writes
where can you fall 700ft on Glyder Fawr?

Down the Idwal slabs from crags above.

--

Dominic Sexton
Forum: Walking in the UK September 4th 09, 03:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.walking

In article , Paul Saunders
writes
david wrote:
Just out of interest, does anyone know how comprehensive (by location)
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100