Old March 21st 06, 04:45 AM posted to misc.fitness.walking

Default Average step size

"Robert White" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I would suggest going to a track and pacing 100 meters one way and
counting the number of steps you use.

Then reverse your direction and pace back for 100 meters again counting
the steps.

(This would take into account the wind's effect as you are going both
into it and against it)

Divide the total paces by 200 meters to get your average pace/distance.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Good answer. As an example on the height thing, my wife and I are
both
5' 8" tall. My trunk is longer than hers, and her legs are longer than
mine. Same height but different step sizes.

Back in the day, the standard US Army pace for marching was 120 30inch
steps per minute.