Old February 3rd 04, 07:19 PM
Scott Williams

Default Ironman Timex GPS Watch

VITOdelapata wrote:
All of my runs involve hills and mountains. There are very few flat
spots to run. I measure out certain distances with my car, 12, 15 and 20
miles but would like a more accurate way to do this.

Important bit of info there. A GPS unit requires 4 signals to give you
credit for altitude gained or lost. Based on measurements I've taken
with my Timex, I'm thinking that it only catches 3 signals, as I come up
short on distance for my hilly workouts, and I'm a flatlander. It seems
to be remarkably consistent with my cyclometer (which is pretty
accurate) on the flats.

I'd be curious to know, in fact, how many signals the Timex uses.

Scott