Old June 6th 13, 08:31 PM
JMcD16 JMcD16 is offline
Junior Member

Default Can't get rid of the belly pouch!

Hi all,

I'm a 28 year old female. Over the past 6 months I have cleaned up my diet and busted my rear in the gym. I'm down to 19% body fat but I cannot get rid of the lower belly fat. I have almost no fat in the hip/thigh/butt areas - it's all concentrated in my lower belly like a dude! And no, there're no underlying hormone issues.

I weigh 130lbs and have weighed that for about 2 months. (I started 6 mos ago at 145 and 30% body fat). I eat about 1800 calories/day - about 70-90g of protein, beyond my morning fruit and whole grain oatmeal habit my carb calories are limited. I might have a serving of whole grain rice or low glycemic pasta at dinner once or twice a week at most.

I do Power Yoga 3 times a week (1-1.5 hours each) - and walk, jog, and/or weight train for a min of 1 hour 4 times a week.

Why can't I lose it?! Any tips or suggestions? I just want a flat stomach for once in my life. Even as a kid, that's always where any chub went.

Oh, and I'm not looking for "try this one weird trick" or "take this pill." I am looking for a sustainable life-style change and am not afraid to work hard to get it.

Last edited by JMcD16 : June 7th 13 at 11:39 PM.