Old December 1st 03, 04:07 AM
Amy Fong

Default treadmill + elliptical or rowing machine???

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:13:06 -0500, Steve Freides wrote:

"Amy Fong" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I currently have a treadmill. I'm debating between getting an elliptical
or a rowing machine for variety and to go easy on my joints. Any
recommendations?

It's easiest to do nothing at all.

If you learn how to take care of your joints and how to exercise with good
technique, you can use any of these machines safely and with good results.
If you learn how to strength train as a separate item from aerobic training,
you will likely benefit in many ways. I see so many people with big bellies
spending an hour a day on a treadmill, bicycle, or elliptical trainer - such
training does not seem to help them.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Many people say that it's not a good idea to do the same exercise
repeatedly - any thoughts?

Amy